The simFlight Network Forums

What are the proper Go Around commands

Tryphan

In Tower3D Pro : If I need to issue a GO AROUND command, what is needed to continue routing that aircraft? When I issue just the go around command I am penalized eventually for an unhandled aircraft. I assume I need to issue the proper routing commands to direct the aircraft back to another runway?

Edited by Tryphan

After telling them to GO AROUND, I tell them to CONTACT DEPARTURE and don't have that issue.  Even at times where I miss a plane and they tell me that they're going around I'll quickly tell them to CONTACT DEPARTURE, and avoid the penalty.

On 8/26/2017 at 9:17 AM, Sky King said:

Aren't you supposed to turn the a/c a minimum of 40 degrees for Go Arounds and Missed Approaches?

That's entirely possible.  I'm pretty new to this game (and genre), so it wouldn't surprise me.  I did always wonder why they just kept flying straight over the runway, but I haven't received any negative penalties for planes too close... yet.

The sim doesn't require a turn. If you look at runway approach plates you'll notice a missed approach procedure which will include a turn.Tower will more than likely instruct the pilot to follow this procedure or something similar as part of the go around.

But, again, as Fizziii mentioned the sim only requires that you issue CONTACT DEPARTURE

Well, I found the following in the online manual: "If a landing aircraft is told to GO AROUND, while another is taking off from the same runway, the departing aircraft must instructed to fly a course that diverges the lead plane's heading by more than 30 degrees." So I was mistaken about the 40 degrees and perhaps this pertains only to Go Arounds? 

2 hours ago, Sky King said:

Well, I found the following in the online manual: "If a landing aircraft is told to GO AROUND, while another is taking off from the same runway, the departing aircraft must instructed to fly a course that diverges the lead plane's heading by more than 30 degrees." So I was mistaken about the 40 degrees and perhaps this pertains only to Go Arounds? 

Yep, this is in the controlling basics section. Not everything in this section is enforced by the sim but obviously good habits to follow. 

What I've done and works thus far, after saying GO AROUND

1)  "Aircraft" TURN LEFT/RIGHT HEADING [X]  (I try to turn the craft so that it's 90 degrees from the runway, this can be done before or after the runway, as needed)

2)  "Aircraft" ENTER FINAL RUNWAY [X]  (The aircraft will automatically re-route to the beginning of the approach vector)

From here you just have to wait for the plane to be lined up with the runway and issue landing instructions as usual.