The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER!3D: Missing flights from PHL (and maybe other airports)

blipadouzi -- Jim D.

First I'd like to say that I am fairly new to the community, I only received the game 2 or 3 days ago and am still getting acquainted with the forums.  If any upcoming features, fixes or timelines have been announced, I did not read them anywhere.

I recently bought Real Traffic and Real Colors (vanilla airports) and wanted to add a few airlines to the TIST airport.  I looked at the txt files, figured out how they were coded, and added Air Canada to TIST as a test.  Everything went well, and I now have Air Canada flying out of TIST.

I then read the schedule for KPHL curious of the times Fed Ex planes arrived/departed so I could play the game at those times.  Unfortunately after several attempts, Fed Ex never showed up.  I discovered that Fed Ex was missing from the terminal.txt file, added them manual and that fixed the issue.

All that to say, that if you were not aware, Fed Ex (and possibly other liveries) are not landing/departing from PHL (maybe other airports as well).  There were a couple of other things that I fixed, like adding a general terminal (blank airlines like at TIST) and adding GA flights to the bigger airports that were missing them... but I feel that was done intentionally.

Thank you

Edited by blipadouzi

15 hours ago, winsaudi said:

No problems,

I am really looking forward to RT scehdules being modernised. I have complained often about the archaic schedules. I hope Gabor/Nyerges Design don't disappoint me.

Winsaudi,

Do you know if these RT schedules are up to date and in full?  I.e. that they went through entire days and made sure that each and every current flight at the airports are included?  

On 8/26/2017 at 3:47 AM, winsaudi said:

No problems,

I am really looking forward to RT schedules being modernised. I have complained often about the archaic schedules. I hope Gabor/Nyerges Design don't disappoint me.

Just downloaded RT SP5. Looks like there is an updated schedule for KPHL and obviously a new KLAS schedule. But that's it as far as I can tell. Disappointed?

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Just downloaded RT SP5. Looks like there is an updated schedule for KPHL and obviously a new KLAS schedule. But that's it as far as I can tell. Disappointed?

Question:
How does one go about downloading RT SP5? I went to the website and the only option I can find is to purchase the RT package again. What am I missing? This is the first time since I've purchased anything that a new SP has come out.

Ken

2 hours ago, KEL27 said:

Question:
How does one go about downloading RT SP5? I went to the website and the only option I can find is to purchase the RT package again. What am I missing? This is the first time since I've purchased anything that a new SP has come out.

Ken

Hopefully you saved the emails you received when you first bought RT.  Find the one that had the download link and authentication code.  Click on the link again, it will download the newest version.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:43 PM, blipadouzi said:

Hopefully you saved the emails you received when you first bought RT.  Find the one that had the download link and authentication code.  Click on the link again, it will download the newest version.

Excellent. Thank you.
Yes, I have all the emails with all the codes.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:47 PM, KEL27 said:

Excellent. Thank you.
Yes, I have all the emails with all the codes.

Ken:

Make sure you mind your directories and where the SP5 version defaults to install. It is an easy way to screw up the installation and game. For instance, I have a number of separate games (non-Steam) on a G: drive, so I had to keep an eye on all the install steps. I still messed up one, but it was easy enough to fix.

It's not an issue for most, but not everyone wants to install in C: under the default configuration.

Good luck and have fun!