The simFlight Network Forums
kbowman17

No rwy, taxi way and ID markings (answered)

Hi

I have a similar problem to the previous post, but for a different reason.  I have the latest UK2000 scenery installed into P3D v4, but after running the DBManager and setting P3D at any of these airports, taxiway, rwy and other info which would be available from the appropriate bgl files is missing from  the FSC9 display.   I suspect this is because, the latest UK2000 installers allow the scenery content to be installed elsewhere than in the main P3D v4 folder.  In my case, I opted to store the content on a separate drive (drive D) on the same computer, to save space on the main drive (C:).  Is there any way to get the database manager to look on drive D to pick up the missing information?    I have confirmed that  scenery from other developers, whether using the old scenery cfg file, or the new add-on.xml method is showing correctly as this content is all stored in the main P3D v4  folder.

Thanks 

Keith

• P3D v4.0.28.21686 (no hotfix)
  • FSUIPC5.11
  • I Use FSC in a Network!  NO
  • FSC 9.7 (+ hotfix)/DBManager 21-August-2017.hf2
  • Navigraph 1709 Rev.1
  • Aerosoft Download
  • Windows 10 64 (Home)
  • 2 Monitors

Hello Keith,

To understand your explanation correctly and to investigate your problem, please proceed as follows:
To ensure I check a current log file, run the DataBaseManager and the procedure again.
Then send me complete subfolder /SUPPORT of FSCommander to my e-mail address.
You can find my address here: www.fscommander.com.

Regards,
Volker

Hi Volker,

I have the exact same problem with taxi2Gate's EDDM which is not Add-on xml based - uses the old method.  Gate/Parking spots are present but no runway/taxiway?

Here is my support folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyUXBWRExzclF0cnc/view?usp=sharing

Here is a video showing the issue: 

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,

as I have described it here:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84034-important-information-informations-importantes-wichtige-information-reference-databasemanager-version-97/ 

We are currently seeing no possibility that the DataBase Manager can read these affected airports.
I regret this inconvenience.

Regards,

Volker

Ah, ok ... unfortunately it's hard for us end users to know what was used by the scenery developer ... making it close to impossible to determine it it's just a FSC limitation due to how the scenery/airport was created.  Appreciate the response.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

as I have written it before.
It's a FlightSim Commander problem for which we can not offer a solution in the foreseeable future.
Sorry, this is the truth and also the bad news.

Regards,
Volker