The simFlight Network Forums

Controlled hours in tower 3d pro and Stop and Go

Peabody

I just bought Tower 3D Pro, stock no add-ons, yet. I have a couple questions:

1. When I exit an airport I get a window showing points and time.  But in my Statistics screen, from the main menu it shows points, penalties, takeoffs, landing but the "Controlled Hours" remains at 0:00. Am I doing something wrong.

2. While playing St. Thomas, I recieved a strip for a flight that had "3x Stop and Go" on the bottom, I am not sure what I need to do to make that work.  I am not a pilot or ATC, but I do understand what it is, I just don't know the steps required to make it work.  I handed him off to departure but he didn't come back. (I knew if you don't hand off to departure you lose points, but apparently that is not the right thing to do in this case.)  I know there is a command " CALLSIGN, RUNWAY XX CLEARED FOR STOP AND GO "  but I don't know the steps to use. Does he go around by himself or do I need to  do something else.  Thank you for any assistance.

Peabody

Peabody,

1. The "Controlled Hours" has never worked for either Tower!3D or Tower!3DPro when purchased from FeelThere.  The information is present and accumulates in your "Registry" but is not recognized through the interface. However, I do believe it does work when the games are purchased through Steam.

2. It has been awhile since I have done local traffic, but if I remember correctly this means that the plane wants to do three stop and go's.
After the plane takes off, do not send it to departure, after a while it will circle back parallel to the runway.  Then it will, at 10 or 15 nm line up with the runway at which time  instead you can give it the command "#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED FOR STOP AND GO"
Or after the plane takes off you can issue the command "#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED FOR STOP AND GO" and will circle around and land.
Do this two more times and after the third stop and go (your departure strip will count down from 3x to 2x to 1x) when it circles around and lines up for approach you can tell it "#airplane1; RUNWAY ;#runway1; CLEARED TO LAND"
When it lands, tell the pilot "#airplane1; TAXI TO RAMP"

Of course during these maneuvers you can try the other commands designed for local traffic.

Keep in mind that there are no pulldowns for these commands and you either have to speak them or type them into the "Command" window.

Hope I have everything correct,
Happy Flying,
RickyJ

One other thing, in the tist_gaandlocaltraffic.txt file or any gaandlocaltraffic.txt file change one or all three zeroes to a number 1 to 9 if you dare to indicate how many stop and go's, touch and go's or low approaches you want, such as 9, 9, 9 for 27 trips around the airport.  I never tried this myself but I do believe it will do the nine stop and go's first then the nine touch and go's and so on.

// airport_from, airport_to, time, planetype, linecode, stop n go, touch n go, low approach,
TIST, TIST, 10:00, CNF, 1N4634, 0, 0, 0, Nero 4634, NERO FOUR SIX THREE FOUR

RickyJ

Thanks for the response, I will give it a try if I see it again, I only saw it one time and I figured it was probably some training procedure, but didn't have any idea how to execute it.  I do have speech so that is not a problem. I do not see the " tist_gaandlocaltraffic.txt " anywhere, I even did a search....??  And you show 0,0,0, do you think since it showed in game it may already be set for 3?

Peabody

Edited by Peabody

The plane you saw is in the FeelThere built in generic schedule:
TIST, TIST, 10:10, TRP, N320FT, 3, 0, 0, 320FT, THREE TWO ZERO FOX TANGO

It is not part of the Nyerges Design schedule which is the example above.  You would have to get Real Traffic to get the full schedule or search for the schedules that Henrik Norgaard has created for the default airports.

If you run TIST starting at 10:00 this plane should always show up, but only for people using the supplied schedule from FeelThere.

RickyJ

Ok, thank you. I didn't buy Real Traffic yet, I wanted to see if my computer could handle it before I put too much money into it.  I'm above minimum specs, and so far it is doing well, I played LAX without any problems.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by Peabody