Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ATControl  -- Joe

Traffic Schedule -- Need Assistance

Recommended Posts

Good day all,

Taking a dip into the traffic schedule today and i noticed there are so many flights missing from the daily schedule.  As an example, starting at midnight yesterday, 9/2, at LAX, here are the first 5 flights that were set to depart.  I  took out the lax_schedule.txt file that was in the LAX folder and replaced it with the same named file but only the 5 flights below to test.  When the game loaded, the first 5 flights that came up were not these 5 -- it started with an Asiana flight, followed by Alaska, KAL12.  I do have Real Traffic, and I assume that the real traffic file is running what the game uses, but with so many REAL flights missing, how do I modify the real traffic (if even possible)?  I am also on Steam, so please let me know how to adjust it (i.e. WHERE is the real traffic file as I don't see it in any folder on my PC).  Thanks!

LAX, ICN, 744, K4, 2817, 12:00, 00:05, 1, K4
LAX, MCO, 320, B6, 132, 12:00, 00:03, 1, B6
LAX, CAN, 388, CZ, 328, 12:00, 00:03, 1, CZ
LAX, SJO, 763, GB, 2213, 12:00, 00:01, 1, GB

LAX, NAN, 333, FJ, 811, 12:00, 00:01, 1, FJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropped your file in but only three of the five planes showed.  I did not try spacing out the times of the departures to try and get all five to show.

I do not know if you have typos, but you say you created a "lax_schedule", it must be named klax_schedule.txt and you put it in the LAX folder, it must be in the KLAX folder.

In addition you have to remove any other files that contain a hint of a schedule.  You cannot rename klax_schedule.txt to klax_schedule.org and leave it in the KLAX directory.  I believe the game parses the directory for schedule type files. I always create a directory in my Documents folder and keep the original files here and any test files.

RickyJ

klax_sched.thumb.jpg.8d5cc9e3c44bbb76528e5e1f91842e77.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a backup to the item above, I have now found an American arrival currently in the LAX folder at 19:25 listed as American 111D ????   The game actually ignores the "D" and lets American 111 be called and accepts it.  Unfortunately, at 19:29, a separate flight enters the scope on arrival as American 111 and obviously when calling it out the plane does not accept because it's being seen as a duplicate, thus negative points guaranteed b/c no clearance to land can be given.  I'd like to alter it myself, but need to know how to based on the original post.  

Vic & Nyerges -- What's the fix for this?

DUPEDFILE.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, futureboy said:

Dropped your file in but only three of the five planes showed.  I did not try spacing out the times of the departures to try and get all five to show.

I do not know if you have typos, but you say you created a "lax_schedule", it must be named klax_schedule.txt and you put it in the LAX folder, it must be in the KLAX folder.

In addition you have to remove any other files that contain a hint of a schedule.  You cannot rename klax_schedule.txt to klax_schedule.org and leave it in the KLAX directory.  I believe the game parses the directory for schedule type files. I always create a directory in my Documents folder and keep the original files here and any test files.

RickyJ

klax_sched.thumb.jpg.8d5cc9e3c44bbb76528e5e1f91842e77.jpg

Ricky, sorry, yeah I renamed it directly as klax_schedule.txt.  Sorry, that was a type-o on my original post.  Are you on the Steam version of the game or the download version?  That's good to know you're getting some of the flights that SHOULD be there.  (I'm pretty sure the GB line which is Airborne Express does not exist in Nyerges liveries so probably why that doesn't show) but KAL should definitely show up).   I verified there is no duplicate schedules anywhere to be found.  I pulled the original to a documents folder completely out of the tower3d and feel there directories.   Any other suggestions on what I could try?

Do you know if the game has a space issue where it won't give a departure every minute that is listed in the schedule?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is with the klax_terminal.txt file, using those 5 specified above, there are no terminals related to:
ABX, GB, ABEX AIR, Airborne Express
CKS, K4, CONNIE, Kalitta Air

Therefore there is nowhere for them to go to when spawning for takeoff, or direct to when landing.

To fix all of these issues at all airports, I've selected 1 terminal and made it a default catch-all terminal by removing any reference to all airlines (much like at TIST).  This is what my terminal file looks like for LAX.

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1: NAC,FDX,UPS
Terminal_2: EIN,AMX,SLI,ACA,AVA,CHH,HAL,AIJ,LRC,QTR,SCX,TAI,TCX,VIR,VOI,WJA
Terminal_3: AAY,BTQ,FFT,JBU,NKS,VRD
Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,SAS,SWR,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL,SWA
Terminal_5: DAL
Terminal_6: ASA,QXE,GLA,BUG,UAL
Terminal_7: 
Terminal_8: CPZ,MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

Terminal 7 is the said catch-all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try exiting the game and starting again with just the five planes.

I have the FeelThere version but I know it does work for the Steam version because other people have used Dick Parker's schedule creator successfully.

RickyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great stuff.  Thanks gents.  You never know what you will find in data files until you start pulling them apart.  I'll work on changing the terminal file around and seeing what kind of success I get.  I'll also delete out the current lax schedule file I have and replace it with a new klax_schedule.txt file and see if that does the trick.  Appreciate the help guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, blipadouzi -- Jim D. said:

The problem is with the klax_terminal.txt file, using those 5 specified above, there are no terminals related to:
ABX, GB, ABEX AIR, Airborne Express
CKS, K4, CONNIE, Kalitta Air

59adc3419b510_klax_sched2.thumb.jpg.a9894917d2b909ecc953f8131441c380.jpg

I'm always forgetting about the terminal file, especially since it is always overwritten with the service pack.
Thanks Jim,

I added the new terminal file and now all five planes show up.
Joe, Hope you have the same luck.

RickyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, futureboy said:

59adc3419b510_klax_sched2.thumb.jpg.a9894917d2b909ecc953f8131441c380.jpg

I'm always forgetting about the terminal file, especially since it is always overwritten with the service pack.
Thanks Jim,

I added the new terminal file and now all five planes show up.
Joe, Hope you have the same luck.

RickyJ

Ricky, thanks for the screenshot showing that everything works!  I've written all departures for LAX as of 9/2.  Working on arrivals next, may take a day or two.  Would you guys (and any others who are interested) want the .txt file when it's all done?    I'm planning to write for JFK next.  I think we'd get more value out of these real time schedules instead of waiting for RT updates that seem to omit a lot of data.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, futureboy said:

In addition you have to remove any other files that contain a hint of a schedule.  You cannot rename klax_schedule.txt to klax_schedule.org and leave it in the KLAX directory.  I believe the game parses the directory for schedule type files. I always create a directory in my Documents folder and keep the original files here and any test files.

RickyJ2

 

I haven't had an issue with having multiple schedule files in the airport folder. For example, if I want to use a custom schedule I created for LAX I can rename the real traffic schedule from klax_schedule.txt to klax_schedule_orig.txt and rename my custom schedule file called klax_schedule_studmuffin.txt to klax_schedule.txt and I'm good to go.

I have 14 schedule files in the KSAN folder right now. One for each hour I want to control. Only the file named ksan_schedule.txt is picked up by the sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Do you know if the game has a space issue where it won't give a departure every minute that is listed in the schedule?  

Yes, gate availability is a factor for departures and arrivals. I just created a topic on this very issue - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84088-tower3d-pro-no-free-terminal-limits-departures/ - based on a session using the real traffic schedule (no custom files at all). The sim's initial gate assignment logic is obviously complex but produces strange results at times. In fact the other night we had some multiplayer sessions at ATL and for the same starting time there was more traffic with the traffic setting at 70% than at 100%. Very baffling.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2017 at 10:08 PM, blipadouzi -- Jim D. said:

The problem is with the klax_terminal.txt file, using those 5 specified above, there are no terminals related to:
ABX, GB, ABEX AIR, Airborne Express
CKS, K4, CONNIE, Kalitta Air

Therefore there is nowhere for them to go to when spawning for takeoff, or direct to when landing.

To fix all of these issues at all airports, I've selected 1 terminal and made it a default catch-all terminal by removing any reference to all airlines (much like at TIST).  This is what my terminal file looks like for LAX.

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1: NAC,FDX,UPS
Terminal_2: EIN,AMX,SLI,ACA,AVA,CHH,HAL,AIJ,LRC,QTR,SCX,TAI,TCX,VIR,VOI,WJA
Terminal_3: AAY,BTQ,FFT,JBU,NKS,VRD
Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,SAS,SWR,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL,SWA
Terminal_5: DAL
Terminal_6: ASA,QXE,GLA,BUG,UAL
Terminal_7: 
Terminal_8: CPZ,MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

Terminal 7 is the said catch-all.

With LAX i find using the GA terminal for FDX,UPS,NAC flights slightly better as its kind of were the real cargo apron is at LAX (south side) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 4:08 PM, blipadouzi -- Jim D. said:

The problem is with the klax_terminal.txt file, using those 5 specified above, there are no terminals related to:
ABX, GB, ABEX AIR, Airborne Express
CKS, K4, CONNIE, Kalitta Air

Therefore there is nowhere for them to go to when spawning for takeoff, or direct to when landing.

To fix all of these issues at all airports, I've selected 1 terminal and made it a default catch-all terminal by removing any reference to all airlines (much like at TIST).  This is what my terminal file looks like for LAX.

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_1: NAC,FDX,UPS
Terminal_2: EIN,AMX,SLI,ACA,AVA,CHH,HAL,AIJ,LRC,QTR,SCX,TAI,TCX,VIR,VOI,WJA
Terminal_3: AAY,BTQ,FFT,JBU,NKS,VRD
Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,SAS,SWR,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL,SWA
Terminal_5: DAL
Terminal_6: ASA,QXE,GLA,BUG,UAL
Terminal_7: 
Terminal_8: CPZ,MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

Terminal 7 is the said catch-all.

Yep, most folks have gone with using Terminal_GA for UPS and FDX. I prefer a more realistic approach so I'm not a fan of taking SWA out of Terminal 1 and moving it to the south side of the airport. Actually, I've modified the LAX Terminal file to represent the recent changes - specifically Delta moving to Terminal 2 and 3.

Terminal_GA: GA,FDX,UPS
Terminal_1: SWA
Terminal_2: AMX,CPZ,DAL,EIN,SLI,LRC,VIR,WJA
Terminal_3: CPZ,DAL
Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,AIJ,AVA,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CHH,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,QTR,SAS,SWR,TAI,VOI,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL
Terminal_5: AAL,AAY,FFT,HAL,JBU,NKS,SCX
Terminal_6: ACA,ASA,BTQ,QXE,GLA,BUG,TCX,VRD
Terminal_7: UAL
Terminal_8: MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

I based my changes on the following link: https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/pdf/LAX%20Airline%20Location%20Map.pdf. Actually, it looks like it may have been slightly updated since I made my changes. I probably need to review it again.

Sadly, for both Tower!2011 and Tower!3D Pro FeelThere hasn't given us LAX's cargo area.Very baffling. So, any attempt at realism from a cargo standpoint is very limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Yep, most folks have gone with using Terminal_GA for UPS and FDX. I prefer a more realistic approach so I'm not a fan of taking SWA out of Terminal 1 and moving it to the south side of the airport. Actually, I've modified the LAX Terminal file to represent the recent changes - specifically Delta moving to Terminal 2 and 3.

Terminal_GA: GA,FDX,UPS
Terminal_1: SWA
Terminal_2: AMX,CPZ,DAL,EIN,SLI,LRC,VIR,WJA
Terminal_3: CPZ,DAL
Terminal_TBIT: AFL,BER,CCA,AFR,ANZ,AZA,ANA,AAR,AIJ,AVA,BAW,CPA,CAL,CES,CHH,CSN,CMP,ELY,UAE,ETH,ETD,EVE,FJI,IBE,JAL,KLM,KAL,LAN,LPE,DLH,NAX,PAL,QFA,QTR,SAS,SWR,TAI,VOI,VOZ,WOW
Terminal_4: AAL
Terminal_5: AAL,AAY,FFT,HAL,JBU,NKS,SCX
Terminal_6: ACA,ASA,BTQ,QXE,GLA,BUG,TCX,VRD
Terminal_7: UAL
Terminal_8: MEO,SKW,ASH,UAL

I based my changes on the following link: https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/pdf/LAX%20Airline%20Location%20Map.pdf. Actually, it looks like it may have been slightly updated since I made my changes. I probably need to review it again.

Sadly, for both Tower!2011 and Tower!3D Pro FeelThere hasn't given us LAX's cargo area.Very baffling. So, any attempt at realism from a cargo standpoint is very limited.

Craig,

Good work on this.  I was about to dive in and re-work LAX terminals because they are so out of wack in the current game files.  So many international flights leaving out of wrong terminals.  Thanks for saving me the afternoon ha.  

Question though....in the screen cap below....I've circled gates to the south of 25L where cargo flights go in real life (as far as I know).  You're saying there is nothing in the game that lets them leave from there?   Kinda strange they would put those gates in the game but give no access to them??  

(I know LAX is lacking A LOT of other things in this game such as the T1-T taxiway for Terminal B departures and the remotes gates out by 6R)  I'm not from the LA area, but where do GA jets even park (in real life) at LAX?  (i.e. Where is the  game putting GA flights if/when they ever show up)?

LAXCARGO.png

laxmore.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you check out the LAX webcam you'll see the cargo area is much more substantial than the 10 parking spots (Terminal_GA) we see in Pro. I've also attached a partial diagram of LAX. The area circled in blue is what we see in Pro. The area in red used by cargo operators such as FedEx, DHL, Philippine Airlines, Polar, Lufthansa, Air China, China Southern, and China Airlines has not been included. We have houses instead. (This is all from a post back in April - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83148-tower3dpro-lax-cargo/?do=findComment&comment=501579

LAX_Cargo.thumb.JPG.f68ee350b75701e4ffd5abe49a61f613.JPG

 

FYI - Here's a link to a thread where I brought up the LAX cargo area back in February in which FeelThere responded with a couple of comments.   http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82942-tower3d-pro-lax-cargo/

I found the following 2015 airfield map (https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/pdf/Airfield Map front 2011- 102011-01.pdf) and in addition to what you mentioned we are lacking taxiway D extending to taxiway R, taxiways E11 & E12, and of course the large cargo area. I found this airport diagram dated early 2012 (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/LAX_Airport_diagram.gif),. The D extension to R existed back then so what we are seeing in Tower is representative of what LAX looked like in 2011 or earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crbascott said:

If you check out the LAX webcam you'll see the cargo area is much more substantial than the 10 parking spots (Terminal_GA) we see in Pro. I've also attached a partial diagram of LAX. The area circled in blue is what we see in Pro. The area in red used by cargo operators such as FedEx, DHL, Philippine Airlines, Polar, Lufthansa, Air China, China Southern, and China Airlines has not been included. We have houses instead. (This is all from a post back in April - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83148-tower3dpro-lax-cargo/?do=findComment&comment=501579

 

 

FYI - Here's a link to a thread where I brought up the LAX cargo area back in February in which FeelThere responded with a couple of comments.   http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82942-tower3d-pro-lax-cargo/

I found the following 2015 airfield map (https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/pdf/Airfield Map front 2011- 102011-01.pdf) and in addition to what you mentioned we are lacking taxiway D extending to taxiway R, taxiways E11 & E12, and of course the large cargo area. I found this airport diagram dated early 2012 (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/LAX_Airport_diagram.gif),. The D extension to R existed back then so what we are seeing in Tower is representative of what LAX looked like in 2011 or earlier.

Cool,

Thanks for the links and comments.  I went and put a comment on that post from earlier this year asking Vic what was up.  Doesn't surprise me we never got a response.  Another black hole issue never addressed by the developers.  I'm going to build my own game.  I will give everyone more cargo parking spots then they know what to do with!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't really comment it. Currently we are checking the problem at KATL (some reports about the unused terminal) and I have some concerns about KJFK where one of the user reported the airplane taxied across the field. Those our top priorities at the moment. Once they are out then we may check the default airports, but I can't promise when.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vic:

You get points for at least listening to customer input, so that's a start. At 53, I have learned to take a longer view and give the majority of people the benefit of the doubt more than once. We can talk all day about appropriate sayings and "isms", etc., but I for one try hard to keep my cool on the board here because I know you guys are small and cannot possibly juggle all the "balls" thrown your way by everyone.

I will say that I rank bringing older existing airports in T3DPro up to current day standards rather high on my want list. Granted, some of this relies on Gabor as well, but I get the feeling that if you at FeelThere lead, he will follow suit with upgrades (as today's promised release already shows [hurrah Gabor!]) on his end.

Perhaps in the midst of all the upcoming stuff you guys are working on, a way to squeeze in an older airport update every few months could be possible?

Anyway, thanks for your support Vic. I know we can be a PITA at times, so your patience is appreciated!

Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Pdubya said:

I will say that I rank bringing older existing airports in T3DPro up to current day standards rather high on my want list. Granted, some of this relies on Gabor as well, but I get the feeling that if you at FeelThere lead, he will follow suit with upgrades (as today's promised release already shows [hurrah Gabor!]) on his end.

I believe this view is shared by the community

 

9 hours ago, FeelThere said:

I can't really comment it. Currently we are checking the problem at KATL (some reports about the unused terminal) and I have some concerns about KJFK where one of the user reported the airplane taxied across the field. Those our top priorities at the moment. Once they are out then we may check the default airports, but I can't promise when.

 

We realize you are a small dev. and are juggling multiple things but we would very much appreciate bringing some of the old airports up to date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Controller- Rogue said:

I believe this view is shared by the community

 

We realize you are a small dev. and are juggling multiple things but we would very much appreciate bringing some of the old airports up to date

Agreed on the bringing airports up to date.  I would much rather prefer LAX and LAS brought up to speed instead of sending out more and more new airports that will have issues and create an ever longer list to correct.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pdubya said:

Vic:

You get points for at least listening to customer input, so that's a start. At 53, I have learned to take a longer view and give the majority of people the benefit of the doubt more than once. We can talk all day about appropriate sayings and "isms", etc., but I for one try hard to keep my cool on the board here because I know you guys are small and cannot possibly juggle all the "balls" thrown your way by everyone.

I will say that I rank bringing older existing airports in T3DPro up to current day standards rather high on my want list. Granted, some of this relies on Gabor as well, but I get the feeling that if you at FeelThere lead, he will follow suit with upgrades (as today's promised release already shows [hurrah Gabor!]) on his end.

Perhaps in the midst of all the upcoming stuff you guys are working on, a way to squeeze in an older airport update every few months could be possible?

Anyway, thanks for your support Vic. I know we can be a PITA at times, so your patience is appreciated!

Paul

Hi Paul,

 

Thanks for the post this is something we will need to consider for sure.
You are right; we are not a huge team with departments and other BS. Our resource is limited and we have to juggle between all kind of requests (some says it's the most important thing is to bring the graphics quality up, others ask for non US airports, we have lots of requests to crank out more airports sooner and forget about the older ones and some like yourself, asks for updates to the existing ones).

I understand based on this forum looks like the latest is the most important question but we have another forum on Steam, we also have our Facebook page, Twitter and the email support.

So we will do our best to try to accommodate all requests, but unfortunately we can't please everybody at the same time.

 

Thank you again

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.