The simFlight Network Forums

Win10 vs win7

hartleecub

I'm gonna get a new computer with Windows 10 and wondered if the move from Windows 7 would eliminate a lot of the problems that people have with T3DPro. My current machine is 9 years old with a sound card that doesn't have support anymore, and while it's fast enough with a good video card I'm thinking that a lot of my speech/voice issues with this sim would be addressed with a new setup. I understand that Windows 10 has more computer-voice options, too. I'd like feedback from users who upgraded and the results they saw in this sim from doing so.

I may not apply as I didn't upgrade... I've been running Windows 10 the entire time I've had Tower!3D Pro.  That being said, the only issue I have is usually needing to issue a pushback command before it'll pick up on speech recognition.  Leaving it on pause for a while will also usually clear it up.  I'm thinking part of that may be time to parse my speech.log file that's starting to push the 1GB range.

3 hours ago, Fizziii said:

I may not apply as I didn't upgrade... I've been running Windows 10 the entire time I've had Tower!3D Pro.  That being said, the only issue I have is usually needing to issue a pushback command before it'll pick up on speech recognition.  Leaving it on pause for a while will also usually clear it up.  I'm thinking part of that may be time to parse my speech.log file that's starting to push the 1GB range.

You can delete the speech.log file and it won't hurt anything.