The simFlight Network Forums

Missing livery @ LAX

ATControl  -- Joe

34 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Despite Hainan (CHH) being in the terminal file, there are no Hainan flights included in the Real Traffic schedule. As a result, this plane is not included in Real Color.

That is one of the "risks" of using a custom schedule.

Well that stinks.  So much for colorful jets.  

Let me try this one as well.......DUB, LAX, 788, ET,  504, 09:17, 12:00, 1, ET -- Ethiopean flight IS in the flight schedule but lands and is wearing a Etihad livery.  Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Well that stinks.  So much for colorful jets.  

Let me try this one as well.......DUB, LAX, 788, ET,  504, 09:17, 12:00, 1, ET -- Ethiopean flight IS in the flight schedule but lands and is wearing a Etihad livery.  Any ideas?

Yep, below is a picture of an ETD 77L being followed by the ETH 788. Nyerges Design will need to fix the ETH livery. 

ETD_ETH.thumb.JPG.200b141fb2202184a6127ac17fae4428.JPG

47 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Despite Hainan (CHH) being in the terminal file, there are no Hainan flights included in the Real Traffic schedule. As a result, this plane is not included in Real Color.

That is one of the "risks" of using a custom schedule.

And don't forget that you have to have a matching airplane model and airline to get the correct colors.
Hint: Take a look at the airplanes_texpack?.manifest file.

17 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

The plane liveries are created by their IATA code. So even though the ICAO code (DUB) is for Dubai, the IATA code (ET) is for Ethiopian Airlines, so the colors will be Ethiopian Airlines. Then you have to have the correct model match.

RickyJ

1 minute ago, futureboy said:

The plane liveries are created by their IATA code. So even though the ICAO code (DUB) is for Dubai, the IATA code (ET) is for Ethiopian Airlines, so the colors will be Ethiopian Airlines. Then you have to have the correct model match.

RickyJ

Not in this case.

2 minutes ago, futureboy said:

B737_ua.jpg
CNT._9k.jpg
B738_aa.jpg
B738_sy.jpg
A319_nk.jpg
B752_aa.jpg
B752_ua.jpg
DH8C_li.jpg
SF34_bb.jpg
CNA._9k.jpg
B752_dl.jpg
E190_b6.jpg
A320_b6.jpg
A319_aa.jpg

The Airplane and Airline Real Colors for TIST.

RickyJ

Ricky, are you pulling these from the Steam version or the FeelThere version?

12 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Not in this case.

But do you know the airline code that was used for your screen capture, because I found both Ethiopean and Etihad:
B788_et.jpg
B77L_et.jpg
B77L_ey.jpg
B77W_ey.jpg
A388_ey.jpg

In the KLAX texture pack.

RickyJ

Nevermind, I got my magnifying glass out and saw one was Ethiopean and the other Etihad, or was one Etihad and the other Ethiopean. At any rate they are both different airlines with the same colors.

Sorry, you know us old people can not see very well.

RickyJ

2 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

I have the steam version.  Can't see any of these packs and images you are seeing.  Maybe they get installed in some other location that I have yet to find.  

what do you mean by the airline code?  This is the flight we were referencing...........DUB, LAX, 788, ET,  504, 09:17, 12:00, 1, ET

FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks is the directory structure.

Each airline has an ICAO code (three letters/numbers) and IATA code (two letters/numbers)
DUB being the ICAO code and ET being the IATA code.  So the graphic being used in Real Color would be B788_et.jpg, which is embedded in the airplanes_texpack3 file, which is a binary file.

RickyJ

10 minutes ago, futureboy said:

FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airplanes\Texturepacks is the directory structure.

Each airline has an ICAO code (three letters/numbers) and IATA code (two letters/numbers)
DUB being the ICAO code and ET being the IATA code.  So the graphic being used in Real Color would be B788_et.jpg, which is embedded in the airplanes_texpack3 file, which is a binary file.

RickyJ

When you run that flight as a test are you getting the correct livery for Ethiopean?   (Sorry, I'm not that great with binary files and inner workings and all)

3 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

When you run that flight as a test are you getting the correct livery for Ethiopean?   (Sorry, I'm not that great with binary files and inner workings and all)

RickyJ did not run that flight as a test, he's looking at files. Bottom line: there is a livery for Ethiopian's B788 in RC (B788_et.jpg). However, the livery is wrong as you've seen and I've verified with the screenshot.

Craig is the one that did the screen capture.  Looks like he ran a scenario with both an Ethiopian 788 and an Etihad 77L and they both had the Etihad colors.
The texpack file indicates that there should be two Ethiopian paints, a B788 and B77L and three Etihad paints, a B77L, B77W and A388.  I have not verified that this is in fact true.  There seems to be some discrepancies between what is in the manifest file and what is exactly in the binary file.

RickyJ

2 minutes ago, futureboy said:

Craig is the one that did the screen capture.  Looks like he ran a scenario with both an Ethiopian 788 and an Etihad 77L and they both had the Etihad colors.
The texpack file indicates that there should be two Ethiopian paints, a B788 and B77L and three Etihad paints, a B77L, B77W and A388.  I have not verified that this is in fact true.  There seems to be some discrepancies between what is in the manifest file and what is exactly in the binary file.

RickyJ

Gotcha,, Now it all makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.  Hopefully these items get scrubbed out by Nyerges.  Only a few of us that rip this game apart like this haha, but ultimately it will benefit the community when updates are made.