The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG fuel cutoff switches

Can anyone help, I am trying to activate the fuel cutoff switches in the PMDG 777 using codes 66494 and 66495 in P3Dv4 and FSUIPC 5 

I can get the parking brake to operate using 65752 but nothing happens when I use the fuel cutoff codes, am I missing something, any advice would be much appreciated.

Les Wilson 

66494 and 66495 are FS controls, not PMDG controls. And they operate Fuel Valves. FSUIPC's idle/cutoff switches are operated by the Mixture Full Rich / Lean controls.

PMDG have their own controls for almost everything. Look in the aircraft's SDK folder for the .h file which lists them all near the end.

Pete

Hi Pete

I have printed off the H file and spent the last few hours trying to get to grips with what it contains, I  found reference to Pedestal- Control Stand- Fuel Control on page 34 but I have no idea how to implement the instructions therein contained,  I have also studied the SDK reading the two different control methods and all the rest but again , I have no idea where to insert these EVENT instructions or what part of the printed information is program instruction and what is just for reference. 

Sorry to be a nuisance and I appreciate you are a busy man but,  when you get a minuet,  I would greatly appreciate it if you could just elaborate on the process a little for me.

Thanking you in anticipation

Les Wilson

44 minutes ago, Rollerball said:

I have printed off the H file and spent the last few hours trying to get to grips with what it contains,

At the end there is a list of controls you can assign in FSUIPC using the <custom control> assignment facility. Just compute the numerical value -- only a matter of adding up two numbers!

Really you'd be better off in a PMDG support forum. I don't even use any PMDG aircraft, I just provided the Custom Control facility so folks can use additions made by PMDG (and others) to the range of controls FS provides itself.

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks again for the quick response,  appreciate your comments and I will try posting on the PMDG forum as you suggest, hopefully someone on there will have some idea just what I need to do, my problem is at my age 76 because as a kid I did not have access to a computer  the bit I know I have picked up over the years with the help of people like yourself and others who give their time and assistance so that we can all enjoy the hobby.

I will have another read at the PMDG SDK info and give it a go as well, thanks again for your time.

Les

16 minutes ago, Rollerball said:

my problem is at my age 76 because as a kid I did not have access to a computer

Well, there were (almost) no such things as computers when I was a "kid" (I am 74 by the way).

Tell me what you find relevant the the document I mentioned and we'll take it from there. As I said, it is only a matter of adding two numbers, which are given there.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Either that's an old photo or your wearing really well, thanks for coming back to me, the part of the H doc I have found referring to fuel Control looks like as below. 

// Pedestal - Control Stand - Fuel Control

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START_LEVER

(THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 521)

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG2_START_LEVER

9THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 521)

32 minutes ago, Rollerball said:

Either that's an old photo or your wearing really well

That's about threeb years old now, I think. Once your a bald I don't think much else notices. My wide is older than me, but looks youunger (and she's NOT even bald!) ;-)

Now for this:

#define EVT_CONTROL_STAND_ENG1_START_LEVER
            (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 521)

All you need to do is look at the top of the list where you will find the value for "THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN", then, as it says, add 521 to that value.

That gives you the "custom Control" number, which you can assign in FSUIPC using the "<custom control>" selection, right at the top of all the lists. There will be a place where you can enter the number you computed, and a parameter.

The parameter you need is more tricky. For the Start Lever, which is either on or off (idle or cutoff) it might just be 1 or 0, but I can't say. Others shoul be able to advise you.

There are examples of using this stuff in the User Contributions sibforum above.

Pete

Lost mine years back but there are plenty in the graveyard would be glad to just be around.

Think I can follow that, now I know where the custom control input goes so should be plane sailing  form now on, got bags of patience so will get to it.

Really appreciate your help will drop you a short note just to let you know when I have mastered it, thanks once again.

Kind regards

Les