The simFlight Network Forums

Latest Version 5.121 Not Loading

JPL19

I installed 5.121 in to v4 this morning and now FSUIPC is not loading.  It is not showing in menu and joysticks are not working either.  I have attached log below.  Last night, before installing newest version everything seemed fine.  

P3Dv4 w/ hotfix in Win10 Home 64.

I see this message repeating for about 200 lines as you can see in the attached log. 

3734 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
     3734 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 1, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!
     3734 Trying another version of SimConnect ...
     3734 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3734 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 1, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!
    17140 Failed on SimConnect_Open for AI Traffic Client, return = 0x80004005
    17140 Exception 5 "VERSION_MISMATCH", Ref 1, Version 0.60905: Open: SimConnect Version incorrect!
    17140 Trying another version of SimConnect ...
    30547 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC5 cannot operate!
    30547 ... Now trying to connect to another version of SimConnect ...
    43953 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC5 cannot operate!
    43953 ... Now trying to connect to another version of SimConnect ...
    57359 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC5 cannot operate!
    57359 ... Now trying to connect to another version of SimConnect ...
    70765 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC5 cannot operate!
   143890 === Closing session: waiting for DLLStop to be called ...

Thank you for any help.

Joe

FSUIPC5.log

1 hour ago, JPL19 said:

That is really weird. Version 60905 of SimConnect is the original FSX version, from its first release. FSUIPC5 doesn't seek any Simconnect versions -- it has the P3D Library file built in and connects directly into P3D, not via any DLL.

And it works perfectly here on 3 different systems.

5.121, unlike 5.12, is compiled using a slightly later version of the SimConnect LIB -- the one from a new Beta from L-M, only just installed here. I don't know what they've done in order to get a 60905 return from Simconnect. That is unreal.

I'll reinstall the previous version of the P3D SDK and re-build. juyst the DLL file. I'll place a link here for you to test for me.

I need to take that retrying action out too. In the event of this happening again it whould just terminte itself with an Error Message. It hasn't arisen before.

Pete

55 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'll reinstall the previous version of the P3D SDK and re-build. just the DLL file. I'll place a link here for you to test for me.

Here's a link to a rebuilt DLL. Can you try it for me and let me know. i'd like to see the first part of the log, until tings start running, even if successful please.

FSUIPC5121a.zip

This is only the DLL, for replacing in your P3D4 Modules folder.

I've reported this problem to L-M separately, because the version of SimConnect actually returned by the latest Beta is identical to the previous, from which I was using the LIBrary.  This is not easy to manage.

Pete

4 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

I can confirm that 5.121 prevented P3Dv4 from loading, and 121a appears to let it load. I am enclosing both logs.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Volker Heine said:

this version works fine here. See attached log file.

Thanks.

This confirms that the latest Beta SimConnect LIB is incompatible with the previous Beta SimConnect LIB, though neither are on public release yet!

The reference to version number 60905 though is insane! 

I've reported all this to L-M because I'm not sure how to handle this in the future.

Pete

8 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Here's a link to a rebuilt DLL. Can you try it for me and let me know. i'd like to see the first part of the log, until tings start running, even if successful please.

FSUIPC5121a.zip

This is only the DLL, for replacing in your P3D4 Modules folder.

I've reported this problem to L-M separately, because the version of SimConnect actually returned by the latest Beta is identical to the previous, from which I was using the LIBrary.  This is not easy to manage.

Pete

Quick run and it seems to work for me.  Attaching the whole log - just a short session.

Thank you for your help.

Joe

FSUIPC5.log

Pete, thanks so much for being on top of this. My morning flight was very frustrating trying to get my views to work properly. Finished flight, messed around for a while installing latest GPU driver, rebuilding Prepar3D.cfg, etc. Then remembered I had updated FSUIPC5 last week so went back to previous version with success. Came here and you're already on top of it. 

Thanks so much. I grabbed 5.121a from your updated modules page first then came here to read the threads. 

Again, thanks for the great program.

Roger