The simFlight Network Forums

Taxiing--Still an Issue #FeelThere

ATControl  -- Joe

Vic,

Looking to get an updated understanding on taxiing. An aircraft calls in for landing clearance and clicking on the plane on the AIDRS shows what terminal the plane is going to however it doesn't show the gate position.  Plane lands and you click on the plane or say it's callsign and we are still shown what gate "area" the plane is going to but are still not show the green-circle T indicating the exact gate location. Why is this?  I need to give an exact route to move the jet around other traffic but without knowning the exact gate I'm taking guesses. I could say "Aa123 taxi to the terminal" and then I'm shown the gate where I then have to give a 2nd command to now move them on the best route based on current traffic.  This is a waste of time to have to give the same jet 2 instructions.  Obv the sim knows where the plane needs to end up bc it designates the terminal but why are we not shown the gates right from the start when the plane calls in or at a worst case when the plane touches down?   

• Like 1