The simFlight Network Forums

CUSTOM (REAL) traffic #1 - KLAX!!! FREE to the Community!

ATControl  -- Joe

Good Day All,

Happy to announce that I have completed a full custom schedule overhaul for LAX.  This is the first of many to come, and is being offered for FREE to the community.  If you are interested, send me a direct message and I will supply the files for you.

CUSTOM SCHEDULE #1 -- FULL day action from Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX) from September 2, 2017.  A full day of flights.  1600+ flights re-coded and tested for that day alone!

**EDITED**  The most recent version of the Schedule & Terminal files are written as of 10-4-2017.  

**Edit as of 10-14-2017 -- Fixed a Fiji flight that had incorrect coding.  Re-posted to Dropbox with updated file.  (Thanks to Winsaudi for the find)

**Edit as of 10-4-2017 -- Schedule file updated with Mokulele Airlines (BUG) flights (8 total) that were omitted on original draft.  Please note....go into your klax_airlines.txt file and change the "SPEEDBUGGY" callsign to "MAHALO" which is the correct callsign.                                       (Thanks to Ron for the reminder of these omitted flights).

**Edit as of 10-1-2017 -- Only the TERMINAL file was updated.  An error was found causing EVA flights not to load for departure or arrive as it was listed as EVE.  This is corrected now to EVA.

If you do not have the files at all -OR- need the updated files, you can visit my dropbox and pick them up.   

DROPBOX -- KLAX Custom Traffic # 1 -- 9-2-2017

// Notes & Highlights to this (9-2-2017) LAX Schedule overhaul //

2017 CORRECT!!! terminal re-alignment.  Terminal schedule updated for CURRENT day LAX !!!
  -- DAL now flying out of Terminals 2 & 3
  -- ALL correct international heavies shifted to their correct home of Terminal TBIT.  
  -- American Airlines shifted to Terminal 4 & 5
  -- Spirit Wings, JetBlue, Sun Country, Hawaiian and more shift to southern side of airport to Terminal 5
  -- Air Canada moved from Terminal 2 to Terminal 6, along with Virgin America.

-- GOAL of the custom schedule is to eliminate huge gaps of no traffic at most times of the day.
-- GOAL of using REAL WORLD schedule from a set day with complete flight schedule, correct aircraft types, and gates.

MORE AIRLINES!!!  -- including....

-- Boutique Air
-- Sun Country
-- LAN Peru
-- Hainan Airlines
-- Air Berlin
-- Fiji Airlines
-- LACSA
-- Various Cargo flights using the designated cargo area of LAX on the southern edge
   -- Kalitta Air
   -- ABEX Cargo
   -- FedEx
   -- AirBridge Cargo
   -- China Air Cargo

-- Proper use of E175's for Skywest & Compass (these fly w/o livery due to Nyerges not having the pairing in place)

-- Some of you may prefer E170's that have the livery if you're into color watching.  I have a 2nd version of the same schedule with the aircraft type changed.

-- Virgin Atlantic with correct 787-900 aircraft
-- Correct use of Singapore & China Eastern 77W aircraft (both are missing livery due to Nyerges not having pairing in place)
-- Some aircraft like Hainan are in the game, however they do not have a current livery.  Nyerges has been notified.

HAPPY CONTROLLING!!!!

• Thanks 1

• ATControl -- Joe changed the title to CUSTOM traffic !!! FREE to the Community!

Great work Joe!

I gave it a run last night for around 70 minutes; all flowed well with no issues.

A few missing liveries doesn't bother me too much. I had a ripper of a thunderstorm last night anyway so couldn't see much out the window. (Love the lightning!)

Thanks again Joe.

Graham

• Like 1

• ATControl -- Joe changed the title to CUSTOM traffic #1 - KLAX!!! FREE to the Community!

Hi Joe,

Had a 2+ hour blast last night; encountered a duplicate. SWA3816 shows around 2000hrs as a departure and arrival at the same time.

Otherwise all good. The evening sessions seem to have a really good flow about them, some of the day sessions can become a little overwhelming.

All fun though nonetheless!

1 hour ago, Salad said:

Had a 2+ hour blast last night; encountered a duplicate. SWA3816 shows around 2000hrs as a departure and arrival at the same time.

It's actually not a duplicate, it's a continuing-on flight from IND-LAX-SJC.  Sent you a response in your mail box with the specifics.  Good catch though!

Anyone who picked up the custom LAX traffic from me, a new message should be waiting for you with the updated files, re-written as of 9/25/17 with key changes for smoother gameplay, terminal change for 1 airline and additional flights that could now be added with a new livery that was put in.

Let me know if you want the files if you are seeing this for the first time (send me a direct message) or let me know if you need the updated files still.

Joe

Good news all,

Further updates have been made to the core LAX flight schedule to improve flights, playability, and overall functionality at the terminals!   Check your emails where I gave you the original files.  Should be 9-26-17 dated inside the schedule file!  Enjoy!

*Thanks to those that are locating errors.  Happy to make QUICK updates for you all!

Joe

5 minutes ago, blipadouzi -- Jim D. said:

A minor suggestion... you might want to add the files to a Google Drive, then offer the link to whomever you share it with.  This way all they need to do is sync the folder.

Not familiar with the in's and out's of Google Drive, but thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into it.

11 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Not familiar with the in's and out's of Google Drive, but thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into it.

I'd be happy to post them there and provide the link if that helps. In the meantime I have posted them on my Dropbox account -- if that is a problem let me know and I will take them down. The link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9vq6tt6e8omwq8/LAX Changes.zip?dl=0 BTW, this has the 9/27 modification in it.

2 hours ago, Sky King said:

I'd be happy to post them there and provide the link if that helps. In the meantime I have posted them on my Dropbox account -- if that is a problem let me know and I will take them down. The link is https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9vq6tt6e8omwq8/LAX Changes.zip?dl=0 BTW, this has the 9/27 modification in it.

Prefer you take it down as it's not your work.  I will post it when I'm ready

2 hours ago, FS1TR said:

Joe.

Do you have any statistics as to the number of arrivals and departures by hour?

Tom

Not handy and here's why.....The game loads somewhere near 5-6 hours worth of flights no matter what hour to start on.  Because of this....you get every gate filled with an aircraft and have to depart a few aircraft before arrivals will start to flow (it's like that "no gate error" some people see).  It's no big deal, but the issue is, that because the game loads so many airplanes wanting to depart that it pushes back a lot of arrivals (not hours behind but usually like 20 min or so), so its tough to say how many ACTUAL flights get moved in an hour span.  Someone did a test on this concept the other day, check the "Arrival Volume" post.  If you're looking for the numbers of what I actually coded in per hour, I could probably get the figures. May take some time though.  LAX is busy most of the day haha.  I don't think you'll find any hour (unless it's the wee hours of the morning) to be lacking in traffic.