The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft Airbus 320/321, Saitek yoke: assigning buttons functions to lights

Hello,

I have a problem: I have a saitek proflight yoke and my version of Aerosoft Airbus Extended A320/321 and I would like to assign buttons to control exterior aircraft lights but I can't! They do not work.

I have no problems with other assignments  (landing gear, parking brakes) and they work fine... but if I try the same procedure with lights (i.e.: I press a button, flag on "send to FS control" and i choose "Landing Lights On") I have no results. And the same is for other functions (for exemple, autopilot on/off).

ah! I'm not sure but I think I have the same problem for every airplane, default or addon.

Where am I wrong?

Edited by dredd66

2 hours ago, dredd66 said:

Aerosoft Airbus Extended A320/321 and I would like to assign buttons to control exterior aircraft lights but I can't! They do not work.

Sophisticated add-on aircraft like the Aerosoft Airbus Extended do implement many of the sunsystems their own way, without using or obeying the standard FS controls.

2 hours ago, dredd66 said:

I'm not sure but I think I have the same problem for every airplane, default or addon.

That is very unlikely. If the Landing Lights toggle control is being sent then the default aircraft do take note. Try the default keyboard assignment for it: L or Ctrl+L or something like thiat (sorry, you'll need to check).

You can also check that your assignments are doing what you think yuo assigned them to do by using Logging. In the Logging tab in FSUIPC options enable Event logging. Maybe also Button/Key logging so you can check the button(s) too. Event logging will log any control events occurring whether you use FSUIPC assignment or not.

You can also enable the Console Log option there, and temporarily run FS in Windowed mode (ALT + ENTER) to show the log on screen in real time.

If the Airbus is different then you'll need to find out how to operate its lights (and autopilot) using whatever means Aerosoft provided.

Pete