The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sabretooth78

Airports Added by MT6

I was just wondering if there was anywhere a formal list of airports that have been added to FSX by MyTraffic 6?

The reason I ask is that I have in the past had some problems with the airport files.  As a solution, I have for some time now run only with the MyTraffic*.bgl AI traffic files along with a handful of the added airports, and everything seems to work quite well - having the "wrong" planes at gates doesn't bother me as they're still regional and not Soar and World Travel.

Based upon the documentation it seems they include VTBS, OTHH, Grozny, and "several locations in China and India".  Naturally, in my situation I would like to know specifically which ones are new so as to assist with my "cherry-picking".

Go into the scenery folder in MyTraffic 6, all the airport files are there.  Simply delete the ones you don't want if it is causing a conflict.

Regards.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me. There are a few reasons why I've stopped using the added airports (at least those which replace stock airports) or have had to modify those I do choose to activate. The first among them are the many buggy ILS approaches in the stock airports which have been copied into the MT6 versions which then override any fixes that can be had (for example Herve Sors or fsAeroData).  Either that or I have to hand edit each one just be to sure and delete all the pre-existing ILS and, well, I'd rather be flying than undertake that kind of tedium. Much easier just to cherry pick! :)