The simFlight Network Forums

Offset FlightTime

3 hours ago, pepelotte said:

If there is no direct offset for that, is there maybe an offset for the fuelflow of all engines that i can calculate it?

For flight time you'd need to calculate it. note the time of ground flag going off and coming on again, and subtract the two.  Read the FS time to avoid pausing, menu access and time acceleration giving false results.

I think there's fuel flow. Seach the offset status list documnet in your FSUIPC documents folder.

Pete

Hi Pete,

so far so good. I get the FuelFlow from Eng 1-4. But if i see that right, it is in punds?

Can you help me to calculate the FuelFlow into ltr.

At the moment i get the following Data´s over from a king air:

Eng1 = 33

Eng2 = 33

Eng3 = 0

Eng4 = 0

Dim FuelFlowEng1 As Offset(Of Integer) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Integer)("FuelFlowEng1", &H8A0)
    Dim FuelFlowEng2 As Offset(Of Integer) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Integer)("FuelFlowEng2", &H938)
    Dim FuelFlowEng3 As Offset(Of Integer) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Integer)("FuelFlowEng3", &H9D0)
    Dim FuelFlowEng4 As Offset(Of Integer) = New FSUIPC.Offset(Of Integer)("FuelFlowEng4", &HA68)

ok...that means if i saw that right, that i have a complete fuelflow of 66 pounds per hour. if i change that to liter (ltr)

66p * 0,63 = 41,58l / h

My loaded Fuel is ~900l if i start X-Plane. If i calc now my possible flight time

900l / 41,58l = ~21h flight time.

21h flight time can´t be! X-Plane said, that i had a flight time of 3:19:08.

so...what´s wrong?

regards

pepe

Edited by pepelotte

1 hour ago, pepelotte said:

...that means if i saw that right, that i have a complete fuelflow of 66 pounds per hour. if i change that to liter (ltr)

66p * 0,63 = 41,58l / h

My loaded Fuel is ~900l if i start X-Plane. If i calc now my possible flight time

900l / 41,58l = ~21h flight time.

21h flight time can´t be! X-Plane said, that i had a flight time of 3:19:08.

The fuel flow value is the instananeous rate at that time, as displayed in the dials. You are assuming it will remain at that rate for the whole flight. What were you doing at the time you read those values?

In any case, the offsets you are reading are in some unknown units designed for compatibility with FS98-FS2000-FS2002 and FS2004 (for programs not specifically designed for FSX/P3D). That's why it says

Fuel Flow PPH SSL (pounds per hour, standardised to
sea level).
Don’t know units, but it seems to match some gauges
if divided by 128.
Not maintained in all cases

Try using the newer easier-to-use ones, such as the 64-bit floating point value for Engine 1 at 0918.

Either way, I would have that that computing the range based on the current fuel flow is really unlikely to give you anything useful, unless you wait till you are in a stable cruise and then also assume no winds which can seriously affect range.

Pete