The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle callibration problems in P3Dv4

Hi,

I'm having a problem in P3Dv4 that does not manifest itself in P3Dv3.

I'm currently making a new profile for the recently released FSL A320 in P3Dv4.  I have both deleted all joystick axes assignments as well as disabled all controllers from withing the sim.  In FSUIPC I setup all the axes and button assignments in the exact same manner as I did in P3dv3.  During testing of my joystick and throttles (Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS) everything worked as I wanted except the throttle axis.  I noticed that the throttles were not coming back to idle.  Not wanting to as yet go into the FSL A320 throttle control page on the MCDU and setting detent zones (as I didn't have to do that in P3Dv3) I checked the values within the FSUIPC throttle axis page (seperate  axes for throttles 1 & 2 of course), I noticed that when I moved the throttles to idle the in value was set to -16384 and the out value was -4096.  In P3Dv3, where the throttles work as intended, I have in/out values of -16384/-16384.

Please note: i do not have a slope set.

I have attached images from both sims to show what I'm talking about

P3Dv4Throttle.jpg.c3ce06c8d68f0bdd7a1278576caf26a0.jpg

Anyone know what could be causing this issues in P3Dv4 and not in P3Dv3?

Aaron

-oOo-

P3Dv3Throttle.jpg

11 minutes ago, Panman said:

In FSUIPC I setup all the axes and button assignments in the exact same manner as I did in P3dv3.

If this is on the same PC with the same connections, then you could have simple copied over your FSUIPC4.INI and renamed it FSUIPC5.INI.

11 minutes ago, Panman said:

I checked the values within the FSUIPC throttle axis page (seperate  axes for throttles 1 & 2 of course), I noticed that when I moved the throttles to idle the in value was set to -16384 and the out value was -4096.  In P3Dv3, where the throttles work as intended, I have in/out values of -16384/-16384.

The -4096 value is the maximum REVERSE thrust. The range down to -16384 is only for throttles being calibrated with "No Reverse Zone" (a checkbox on the screen, top left -- see your pix).

If you want identical behavious between FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5, best use the same settings! :-)

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for the quick response.

Notice in the P3Dv3 version that the No Reverse Zone is grayed out.  When setting that up I don’t think that I clicked on no reverse zone. 

That being said I will copy over the inf file from FSUIPC v4

1 hour ago, Panman said:

Notice in the P3Dv3 version that the No Reverse Zone is grayed out.  When setting that up I don’t think that I clicked on no reverse zone.

Sorry, but if they were calibrated for P3Dv3 then I think you did. The picture you showed for P3Dv3 has no throttles calibrated! Just press any of the SET buttons and the other options become available.  Without a calibration entry FSUIPC has nothing to associated the NRZ option to.

There's no difference whatsover between FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC5 in this area, only a 32- to 64- bit conversion. The real 64 bit changes lie elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Panman said:

That being said I will copy over the inf file from FSUIPC v4

It's the INI file, not INF.

Pete

Hi Pete,

The copying across the ini file did the trick.  Works fine now.

I have another question for you though.  In the documentation for MakeRwys it says

Prepar3D version 3 and 4 scenery installs abiding by the new L-M system for add-ons will NOT be seen
by MakeRunways unless you install the free Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer program (use at least version
0.99). Although this is aimed specifically at Prepar3D version 4, the facility MakeRunways uses allows it
to deal correctly with Prepar3D version 3 as well.
MakeRunways will then automatically use that program to create a file called MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg
in your P3D3 or P3D4 folder. This then gives it ALL the scenery layers with correct layering.
MakeRunways It will then use that file instead of the original.

So does that mean that I do NOT need to go into AddonOrganizer, click on "Backup/Restore" and "Export library for external tool" as MakeRwys will interact with the software itself?

Aaron

-oOo-

3 hours ago, Panman said:

So does that mean that I do NOT need to go into AddonOrganizer, click on "Backup/Restore" and "Export library for external tool" as MakeRwys will interact with the software itself?

Exactly. It does this "behind the scenes". Just check the main Sim folder, where MakeRwys is run, and see that the "makerwys_scenery.cfg" file has been generated and left there for you in case there are questions afterwards about what MakeRwys extracted.

No changes are made to the main Scenery.cfg file itself because that risks double scenery layers when they occur in the Addon.xml files as well.

Pete