The simFlight Network Forums

List of issues KLAS Post SP2 #FeelThere

VenturaGuy101

I saw a couple of posts on the Steam forum about a couple of issues at KLAS.  One involved a swinging gate and the other a rain visual issue.  I have encountered a couple of additional issues and decided to list them here so maybe FeelThere might do an additional update for Las Vegas after the ones for KJFK and KATL.

My testing session uses Steam Version of Tower!3D Pro, RT, RC, KLAS Schedule, Terminal, and GA files from AT Control-Joe's post.  Active arrivals on 25L and 19R.

Issue 1:  GA Pushback from southwest GA area.  When pushing back expecting runway 19L, the aircraft ends up in the dirt between taxiways H and F.  The initial path uses H to the taxiway but giving taxiway instruction causes some pathing issues.

image.thumb.png.fabe284cded634ef81f79deb1c9b3936.png

There is a whole between the C3 and C5 taxiways that prevent aircraft from finding a path between these taxiways.  It also causes planes that are pushed back from a couple of gates from the north side of the"D" Gates to get stuck.  This can be seen in the AT Control - Joe's Youtube video issue is described and shown starting at the 4 minute mark:  

Thanks AT Control - Joe for the video and the great custom schedules.

I was unable to test this issue during my session as I had no airplanes that departed from that part of the terminal.  I will continue to test and I will post a log file when I come across it.

The stuck pushed-back aircraft issue also occurs in the same area against the Terminal 3 E Gates where aircraft will taxi C6 or C2.

I've also noticed a disconnected route going from B to C via B4. My workaround was to taxi dangerously close to another aircraft from B to C via C6. The route was stalled using B4 in that direction (I think I've used B4 going the other way - for a departure).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a look at the "hole" issue with the junction of taxiways C3 and C5.  AAL2536 parked at gate Term_D53 next to taxiway C5 cannot find a connection to taxiway C3.  I have the modified voice command to add the taxi information at the end of the pushback so I can get planes facing the correct direction.  I gave the command "AAL2536 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 25R TAXI VIA C3 C" which should route the plane clockwise around the D Gate Terminal.  Instead it pathed counter clockwise via C5 to C7 to get to C3.

image.thumb.png.3ccfca98c432a67d0ec25a288614933f.png

Log File:

COMMAND: AAL2536 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 25R TAXI VIA C3 C
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_D53 * AAL2536 =>   PARSE CMD:  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 25R TAXI VIA C3 C
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_D53 r: 25R * AAL2536 =>  VIA roadcut: GROUND,  25R TAXI VIA CHARLIE THREE  CHARLIE  PUSHBACK APPROVED. 
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_D53 r: 25R * AAL2536 => GROUND,  roadcut: GROUND,  TWO FIVE RIGHT  TAXI VIA CHARLIE THREE  CHARLIE  PUSHBACK APPROVED.  
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_D53 r: 25R * AAL2536 => SAY: GROUND,  TWO FIVE RIGHT  TAXI VIA CHARLIE THREE  CHARLIE  PUSHBACK APPROVED.   AMERICAN TWO FIVE THREE SIX
13:05:01 * AAL2536 => ADD HISTORY: AAL2536: GROUND,  25R TAXI VIA C3 C PUSHBACK APPROVED. AAL2536
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_D53 r: 25R * AAL2536 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_WAITING to STATE_TO_RUNWAY
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 25R * AAL2536 => Start calc route from: Term_D53  start idx: 15
13:05:01 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 25R * AAL2536 => Calc from: Term_D53
AAL2536 => Route is: Term_D53, C5, C7, C3, C, B,