The simFlight Network Forums

MODULES not showing up in P3D V4.1

Hello Peter,

I'm another one who can't get FSUIPC5  to show up. I purchased the package yesterday and downloaded from the store (as I have done for FS9 and FSX previously).

I ran the installer from F: drive, as Admin, and it installed OK. I chose not to enter the Registration at that stage.

When I started P3D V4.1, the FSUIPC was not in the Options> Add-in menu. I shut down and started to look for a solution on the web and found your forum.

I deleted the contents of the Modules folder and deleted the DLL.XML (even though it's contents looked like the sample you gave).

I re-ran the installer (as Admin) this morning and it installed OK. I chose to Register at this point and that ran OK as well and produced a Key. Started P3D and there is still no add-in in the Menu.

I have Windows 10 (self updating), P3D V4.1, REX, and some Orbx scenery. No other add ins.

I have attached the two files you normally ask for:

Regards,

Aussie

FSUIPC5 Install.log

FSUIPC5 Install.log

DLL.XML

Edited by Aussie1234

Hello Peter,

I have been doing a bit of research this afternoon. I realise that FSUIPC should be showing up in the Options > Add-ins menu entry (my bad - should have read the whole manual)

One thing I did notice was that the DLL.XML has created the <Path> line with about 50 spaces in the middle of the line and not the full path to the Simulator.

I tried correcting and saving the file with Notepad but it still did not help.

I do have Orbx Objectflow in the Options> Add-ins and that appears (and works) OK. FTX launch that with some other method. I un-ticked the ENABLED box and tried restarting P3D but it didn't help.

Regards,

Aussie

7 hours ago, Aussie1234 said:

I have attached the two files you normally ask for:

Please see the last message I just posted in the other thread. There's a replacement DLL.XML file there you can try.

Something is going on with the recent Windows updates causing the pre-defined file I save to be corrupted. I'm doing some tests here to see what i can find ...

Pete

TO ALL POSTERS IN THESE THREADS:

Looks like the uploaded Installer was corrupted somehow. I downloaded it myself and got the same result. I've re-uploaded it now, so please clear your cache (F5 I think) and re-download it.

I've added a DLL.XML file corruption check, which, if you run it now without first deleting your old corrupted DLL.XML, will prompt you to delete it and re-run the installer.

Pete

22 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

TO ALL POSTERS IN THESE THREADS:

Looks like the uploaded Installer was corrupted somehow. I downloaded it myself and got the same result. I've re-uploaded it now, so please clear your cache (F5 I think0 and re-download it.

I've added a DLL.XML file corruption check, which, if you run it now without first deleting your old corrupted DLL.XML, will prompt you to delete it and re-run the installer.

Pete

Thank you so much, Pete! The installer was really corrupted. Now everything works fine for me ;)

Hello Peter,

Early last night (before you would have seen my message) I fixed up the Path line with the full LM address in the DLL.XML file.

I tested it, and it didn't look like it had not  worked in the Options sub-menu but then I noticed the new Add-on tab on the main menu and my Prosim came alive.

I'm happy.

Aussie