The simFlight Network Forums

CUSTOM (REAL) Traffic #4 -- KLGA !!! FREE to the Community!

ATControl  -- Joe

Good Afternoon all,

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules. 

You can find me at https://www.youtube.com/c/ATControl playing this game.

Happy to announce that I have completed my 4th full day custom-schedule release -- featuring NY - LaGuardia International Airport (KLGA).  This is being offered for FREE to the community. 

**Be sure to check out all my prior custom schedules for KLAX, KLAS & KPHL!

CUSTOM SCHEDULE #4 -- FULL day action from Philadelphia (KLGA) from November 17, 2017.  A full day of flights.  

**GOAL -- To create free-flowing, user-friendly, yet highly realistic flight timetables  --- AND eliminate the gaps (you won't have any gaps of >3 minutes)

If you do not have the files at all -OR- need the updated files, you can visit my Dropbox and pick them up. 

**Please check back for edits to these drop box files.  If edits are made, notations will appear below with the date the edit was made and what was changed**

EDIT : As-of 12/15/2017 -- Terminal file was updated to move EJA away from the GA terminal and moved to Terminal A as developers altered game files that prevent GA traffic if EJA is at a GA Terminal line. (Be sure to replace the new file in your game folders)

DROPBOX -- KLGA Custom Traffic #4 -- 11-17-2017LGAnew.thumb.png.2b781eb5de869cc15c044bfee6559cf8.png

Features of this Custom (REAL) Schedule :

---Over 1150 Commercial Flights (correcting developer flight schedules with real times and aircraft types)

---Over 40 General Aviation flights ranging from small prop jets to your elite level Gulfstreams, Dassault Falcons, Learjets, Hawkers, Cessna's and more
  -- Plan accordingly for smaller jets and their take-off and landing speeds
  -- Increased difficulty with a compact airport 

Terminal Re-assignments -- On Saturday, December 9th, LaGuardia will go through a terminal re-assignment for many airlines in prep for the modernization project to be completed at KLGA.
   -- This custom schedule includes these updated gate locations so you can play what WILL happen in the real world
   -- Delta will now encompass Terminals C & D
   -- JetBlue moving to Satelite Terminal A with Alaska (flying as Skywest)
   -- American, United, Air Canada & Southwest now out of Terminal B

As KLGA is the baby of the 2 New York airports, do not expect long-haul jets, cargo planes or anything international for that matter.  Still a fun airport
with many flights in a compact space.

((Please be aware that some liveries may not show up on certain models of jets due to the way the developer decides to make their game.  At the current time
I have requested updates -- We'll see what happens))

// Proper use of this CUSTOM schedule //

1.  ALWAYS make a folder on your computer, in an easy to find location, and COPY all files from both FEELTHERE folder
    and your source folder (ex. Steam Folder).  Schedules are in BOTH places and must be updated in BOTH places for it
    to work.  

2.  Once copied, Navigate to the airfields of BOTH folders.  Delete out your klga_schedule.txt file, klga_terminal.txt file, AND 
     klga_gaandlocaltraffic.txt files.  Replace them with the custom files.

HAPPY CONTROLLING !!!

I've never used Dropbox before. So the actual files have to be downloaded with the blue button in the upper right corner? I was copying the web page and trying to paste that in the folder since it said "txt" but it still doesn't answer the larger question. Other than the airfield folder where do they go? Exactly?

20 minutes ago, hartleecub said:

I've never used Dropbox before. So the actual files have to be downloaded with the blue button in the upper right corner? I was copying the web page and trying to paste that in the folder since it said "txt" but it still doesn't answer the larger question. Other than the airfield folder where do they go? Exactly?

Yeah just DL the files to your computer and then replace them with the correct folder locations

Thanks, Joe, that did the trick. Opening the 1900 scenario, I saw right away the change with all the Envoy flights in front of the tower. You're right about Windows 10 being superior with this sim. I find the speech recognition much better than with Windows 7. The distraction dealing with that problem is monumental when things start ramping up. I just finished the 1900 scenario on Windows 10 (the one in your video) with 100% traffic for 1:22 of in-game time and only had four wait penalties, no go-arounds and no conflicts. I don't think I could have done it with 7.

14 hours ago, hartleecub said:

I put the three new files in the LGA Extensions folder after deleting the original ones but the loading hangs up at 63%. I don't have Steam for T3DPro. When you say "source folder" what are you referring to other than the LGA Extensions folder?

Like hartleecub I don't have T3DPro on Steam, just the downloaded  version from FeelThere so where are the 2 locations to update the three files? (i.e. the FeelThere folder and the "source" folder?).  Haven't got LGA yet but trying to do your LAX one Joe?

Thanks Joe,

I just moved the 3 relevant files to a spare folder & copied yours back into the Tower3D! Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KLGA folder.

Worked straight away. I DON'T have the steam version. Just the old FeelThere downloads.

Kev M

Joe, this morning I started the KLGA 1900 scenario with your schedule and ran it for over three hours. It's tremendous. Right before I quit, I had exhausted all traffic at 100% - arrivals and departures - and only had two wait delays. No conflicts and no go-arounds for 1190 points. The clean screen lasted for about 5 seconds before a new arrival popped up but by then I'd had enough and called it a day. Do the delays count for both departures and arrivals and is it 15 minutes that triggers one? Using runway 4 for departures only and 31 for arrivals only is a real challenge. I had a couple of airplanes that were unresponsive to further taxi commands after they landed but don't remember who they were. You do great work.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe,
I noticed in your terminal file you have the following entry:

Terminal_GA: GA,EJA.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. You can't combine GA and airlines in a terminal entry, it actually keeps the GA flights from appearing. You'll see error messages like "Airplane dropped, no international terminal: N12345". I ran across this issue when creating a contest schedule for Tower_MP Discord server community.

In Real Traffic, it looks like Gabor moved the EJA flights to the gaandlocaltraffic file instead of the schedule file to alleviate this issue. 

Craig

On 12/15/2017 at 5:42 AM, 707FAN said:

Craig,

AH HAA, That might explain why I have not seen any GA traffic at KLGA. I have put this on the back burner whilst trying to sort out the 2 short problem.

Over to you guys

Kev M

Go to the original post in this thread and visit the drop box to pick up the new terminal file.  It will fix this issue.  Thanks.

Due to the developers choice to alter traffic files, EJA flights can no longer depart from the GA Terminal.  Due to this choice that they made, my custom traffic files have been altered.

*** Please go to the original post on this topic and visit the Dropbox link to pick up .... 1.  Terminal file

** You will need to replace this file with your game files so that GA traffic can flow. 

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Due to the developers choice to alter traffic files, EJA flights can no longer depart from the GA Terminal.  Due to this choice that they made, my custom traffic files have been altered.

You can have EJA flights depart from the GA terminal (instead of moving them to Terminal A) by adding the flights to the GA file.  See below for examples.

KLGA, KSNA, 12:20, CJ5, EJA725, 0, 0, 0,EJA725,  EXECJET SEVEN TWO FIVE
KRIC, KLGA, 20:52, EP3, EJA407, 0, 0, 0,EJA407,  EXECJET FOUR ZERO SEVEN

What exactly did the developers alter?