The simFlight Network Forums
jimh

Problem saving a Flightplan? (solved by user)

Hi Volker,

I have a fairly recently installed system:  Win10 HP 64, P3D V4.1, FSC v9.7 - Build: 26. July .2017.

I've been saving and using FSC flightplans successfully for the last several weeks, but now I'm getting this error message:

Error on writing Prepar3D plan! (#75 = Path/File access error)

I have the target folder set to:  C:\Users\Jim\Documents

I have saved many flightplans to this folder before now.  There have been no changes made to the computer except for Win10 updates.

If you can suggest a solution I'll be very grateful.

Best Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,

I have the target folder set to:  C:\Users\Jim\Documents

I think the path should look like this.C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

The change in path made no difference.

I use Bitdefender and have an exemption in place for  C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\

Regards, Jim

Hi volker,

I have changed the path for P3D Flightplans to:  C:\Users\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\, as you suggested.  I have also ensured that folder is protected from Bitdefender, just in case that might be involved.

I am sorry if I have not been clear.  The error message remains the same.

For other reasons, following the Creators update for my Win10 HP 64, I have restored a backup of my C drive, upgraded to Win10 Pro, deferred future updates, and so removed "Creators" entirely.

My other problems have vanished, but my problem saving FSC plans remains.

Regards, Jim

Hello Jim,
If this (# 75) was a FlightSim Commander problem, then there would surely be more posts about this problem here in the FSC forum.
What does Bitdefender protect against? Before accessing the path? That would not make sense!
By the way, please publish a screenshot like pattern. Make sure that line 3 is activated.

Regards,
Volker

FSC_9.x.x_001.jpg

Hi Volker,

Paths jpeg attached.

I can "protect" a folder and its contents from all Bitdefender activity.  When I do this it eliminates Bitdefender from being involved in any difficulty in reading/writing to that folder.  That's what I've done in this case.

I'm puzzled as to why I'm having this problem saving flightplans.  Apart from the Win10 Features update I have made no changes to this computer recently.  The computer is now in a state previous to that update, with a change yesterday by upgrading to Win10 Pro.  Yet this problem persists.

I've attached a jpeg of flightplans successfully saved by FSC before this problem began.

Thanks for your helpl

Regards, Jim

FSC Paths.jpg

FSC Flightplans.jpg

Hi Jim,
The settings in the Path Tab are perfect.
Did you change the registry entry as recommended in the video?
The FSCommander tries to send a plan to the operating system. 
The OS refuses to accept. Against this refusal, for whatever reason, the FSCommander has no way.
I also use a network between WIN7 and WIN10 without problems.
Anything, whatever, prevents access on your PC.

Try saving a flight plan again.
If the error appeared, then finish the FSCommander.
Send the complete Folder /SUPPORT to my e-mail address.
The address can be found here: www.fscommander.com

Regards,
Volker

Hi Volker,

Contents of Support folder are on their way by email.

I haven't seen a video.  If you can point me to it, I'll try to follow its instructions.

Up to the Spring of 2017 I used FSC over a network.  Since then I have FSC in the C drive of my Flightsim PC since flying with my Oculus Rift I can no longer see FSC's moving map on second PC's monitor.

Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,

Sorry, my mistake. The video was not relevant to you.

I received the log files. Only the error is confirmed:

12/12/2017 11:09:29 -          - Flight plan successfully written: C:\Aerosoft\FSC9\flightplan\FSC\EICK-EHAM.pln
12/12/2017 11:09:29 -          - Check frmSaveRoute cmdOK (75 = Path/File access error)
12/12/2017 11:09:31 -          - Error in writing Prepar3D plan! (#75 = Path/File access error)
12/12/2017 16:07:00 -          - Flight plan successfully written: C:\Aerosoft\FSC9\flightplan\FSC\ECT12-UMMS-UKKK.pln
12/12/2017 16:07:09 -          - Error in writing Prepar3D plan! (#75 = Path/File access error)

As you can see, the FSC standard plan was saved under C: \ Aerosoft \ FSC9 \ flightplan \ FSC \ EICK-EHAM.pln.
Only the plan of your document path needed can not be written.

I have no solution.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker,

A difficulty I have with this problem is that I use PF3 for ATC.  PF3 needs the flightplan generated by FSC.  If I cannot save a "P3D" plan, are any of the plans saved to other destinations identical, so I could have a workaround meantime?

If not, would an uninstall/reinstall of FSC be likely to help, and if so have you any advice about doing that?

Regards, Jim

Hi All,

I have already emailed Volker.  To bring this thread to a conclusion, the problem was never with FSC, but due some mysterious hiccup with Bitdefender.  Despite previous settings, Bitdefender seemed to have been preventing FSC from writing to C:\users\jim\documents without generating its usual warning message.

I uninstalled FSC from the C drive, reinstalled into D:\, tried a save, caught a warning message from Bd, set it straight, and FSC is all good now.

Cheers, Jim