The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc and P3Dv3

I started having trouble with Prosim737 not connecting to P3Dv3. After some searching I discovered FSUIPCv4 was not listed in the Add-ons menu in P3D. I checked my P3Dv3 Modules folder and FSUIPC4 and all its files seemed to be there. I reinstalled it just to be sure but when I restarted P3D there is the same problem.  Then I deleted the files from the folder and ran fsuipc install as administrator.  Then I started P3Dv3 as administrator but its still not listed in the Add-ons menu.
Jerry

P3Dv3-no fsuipc.jpg

9 hours ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

Then I deleted the files from the folder

That's never a good idea. The INI file in there contains all your settings. Did you back things up first?

Re-installing FSUIPC never needs any deletions being made first. The only file which sometimes needs to be deleted, because it can get corrupted (usually by other installers) is the DLL.XML file in your AppData\Roaming folder.

8 hours ago, Jerry McCarroll said:

There are only 4 files in the Modules folder: FSUIPC4 Install, FSUIPC4.DLL, FSUIPC4.key, SimConnectP3D3.dll and the documents folder. Is that all that should be there.

If FSUIPC had ever been run there would be an FSUIPC4.INI file (your settings, or the default settings) and an FSUIPC4.LOG file.  Since they are not there, FSUIPC hasn't even started, which points to a corrupted DLL.XML file. If you had showed me your Install LOG then I could tell you where that is, but maybe you can work it out for yourself? It's in the same folder as your Prepar3D.CFG file.

If you have no other add-on DLLs being loaded then just delete the DLL.XML file and re-run the FSUIPC installer. Otherwise, it might be best to repair it, so show it here, or attach it, and I'll take a look.

Pete

Pete

Simon in the Prosim Forum told me to run the simconnect msi setup files in the redist folder within P3D. I tried that but it didn't help.  Then I deleted the DLL.XML file and re-ran the FSUIPC installer.  That fixed the problem.  Not sure if I needed to do both those things but FSUIPC is now showing in the Addons Folder and Prosim737 is connecting to P3d.  Thanks so much for your help.

Jerry