The simFlight Network Forums

KPHX Runway 8 Displacement Threshold Tower3d Pro

Scar

Folks,

On KPHX, should the displacement threshold on runway 8 be usable for "lineup and wait" conditions? If so, its not working. 1000 point crash condition.

As an example, on KSAN, I use the displacement threshold on runway 27 for "lineup and wait" conditions all the time. The landing aircraft flys over, landing after the threshold. Allowing an aircraft to be ready for takeoff as soon as the landing aircraft turns off the runway.

Thoughts?

Edited by Scar
Further complete the title with the game name

You would have to wait until the landing aircraft clears the threshold until you can clear a departing aircraft to line up and wait on the same runway. Not sure why the game allows this to happen at KSAN without a penalty as this would be a major violation in real life.

JP

Edited by jp_pav12

20 hours ago, Scar said:

Folks,

On KPHX, should the displacement threshold on runway 8 be usable for "lineup and wait" conditions? If so, its not working. 1000 point crash condition.

As an example, on KSAN, I use the displacement threshold on runway 27 for "lineup and wait" conditions all the time. The landing aircraft flys over, landing after the threshold. Allowing an aircraft to be ready for takeoff as soon as the landing aircraft turns off the runway.

Thoughts?

So, you think landing over another aircraft is OK? Are you an Air Canada pilot? 

15 minutes ago, nyergesdesign said:

Hi Scar,

thank you for your note. Please describe this case with more details and attach screenshots about it.

Best regards,
Gabor

Gabor, this is definitely not an KPHX airport issue. If anything it is an issue at KSAN for allowing this to happen. 

Keep up the good work, Craig

11 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Did you try using the line up behind the landing.. command?

Vic

Hi Vic! I think you and I may have talked on steam as well. (I'm scar on steam also)

Yes, I use the "line up and wait" command on the KSAN displacement threshold without any problems (I guess it doesn't mean its proper). But receive a 1000 point crash penalty when I use it on KHPX runway 8 displacement threshold. The "line up behind" command works fine. I'm hearing that I may have been pushing the envelope by using the displacement threshold for a wait spot during another landing.

Mark (scar)

Edited by Scar

• 2 weeks later...