The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Macros not working with PMDG 737 NGX

Hi, I have recently bought FSUIPC and I have set it up in sim and i have had a lot of problems with it. The main problem with it is that when i go to make a mouse macro on my pmdg 737 ngx, i click the switch that I want to assign but every time i do, the screen where you type the name of the mouse macro in, that just glitches out and starts flashing red and white. i have tried downloading the version 4.172a but that hasn't helped. Any suggestion?

Edited by Lewis12

29 minutes ago, Lewis12 said:

The main problem with it is that when i go to make a mouse macro on my pmdg 737 ngx, i click the switch that I want to assign but every time i do, the screen where you type the name of the mouse macro in, that just glitches out and starts flashing red and white.

That indicates that your switch is continually changing from pressed to release. Have you set it to "repeat" by any chance?

Mouse macros aren't really the best way to assign PMDG controls in any case. PMDG have been good enough to supply individual <custom control>'s for pretty much everything. Just find the ".h" type file in the aircraft's SDK and follow those instructions. The list of controls is at the end. You need to calculate the control number then assign it via the <custom control> selection in FSUIPC.

BTW using a subject title like "FSUIPC BROKEN" does no one any favours, and least of all yourself. If you title it properly like "Mouse macro problem with PMDG737" then you might attract more helpful and speicifc information from actual PMDG users, of which I am not one.

Pete