The simFlight Network Forums
crbascott

CUSTOM SCHEDULE for KJFK ~ by crbascott ~ Bonus Files Included!!!

Happy New Year Controllers!

I've been making custom Tower schedules since I was introduced to Tower!2011 so I thought I would finally release a Pro schedule for public consumption. This 24-hour schedule is for KJFK and is based on very busy pre-Christmas traffic. All flights included are real and were downloaded from FlightAware. Note: Some flight numbers were changed to avoid duplicate flight number issues. The full schedule includes 100+ more flights than Real Traffic including a morning exodus and the typical busy evening found at KJFK. The chart below illustrates the hour-by-hour arrivals and departures included in the schedule. 

kjfk_chart.thumb.JPG.a1324a9868d68c63295bcce07b6701ec.JPG 

I've also created a custom terminal file that should more accurately represent the gates and terminals used at KJFK during this time period. 

And as a bonus feature, I've included 16 snippet files - optimized schedule files containing 3 hours of flights from the full schedule. For example, the snippet optimized for a 10:00 session start contains flights for the hours of 09, 10, and 11. What I've seen and experienced is that using a full day's schedule (Real Traffic or custom) causes flights to be dropped and delayed due to "no free terminal". By reducing the number of hours in the schedule, you eliminate the dropped flights and get a richer more realistic flight volume experience. The table below shows a side by side comparison of the Tower!3D Pro gameplay flight volume using my full custom schedule file versus my snippet file. The example below is for a session start time of 06:00. Snippet wins!

5a4d479ed52c8_Snippetanalysis.JPG.4dad5915bf0ac7862a31b184774b242b.JPG

Attached to this post you'll find a zip file called kjfk_crbascott.zip that contains:

• Full custom schedule file  - kjfk_schedule.txt
  • GA schedule file - kjfk_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
  • Charter reference file - kjfk_charter_airlines.txt
  • Updated terminal file - kjfk_terminal.txt
  • Updated airlines file (no more REDWOOD) - kjfk_airlines.txt
  • Folders containing snippet schedule files for the hours 06 thru 21. 

I'd recommend unzipping kjfk_crbascott.zip into your KJFK folder. It will create a crbascott sub-folder with the above mentioned contents. As always, please remember to backup your original Real Traffic files. 

Feel free to contact me on this forum or Discord with questions, comments, and/or issues.

ENJOY!!

Craig (crbascott)

PS - If you are interested in multiplayer action and haven't yet joined us at Tower_MP, check out the following post for more information. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated on 3/8/2018 to include an updated zip.  

kjfk_crbascott_v3.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

Thank you for your work!

So I just have to save and overwrite the orginal kjfk_schedule.txt and kjfk_terminal.txt in the KJFK subfolder and if I want it even more optimized for a specific time frame I use the snippet files instead?

*edit*

Works fine for me :) Noticed that at 17:06 and 17:07 EDV3990 appears twice in the arrivals.

*edit2*

DAL480 never leaves the terminal?

*edit3*

I played from 17.00 because it seems to be the time with the most movements. In the beginning I had a lot of traffic, but at 17.45 I all active arrivals are on the ground and only four departures?

Edited by Sirius

3 hours ago, Sirius said:

Hi,

Thank you for your work!

So I just have to save and overwrite the orginal kjfk_schedule.txt and kjfk_terminal.txt in the KJFK subfolder and if I want it even more optimized for a specific time frame I use the snippet files instead?

*edit*

Works fine for me :) Noticed that at 17:06 and 17:07 EDV3990 appears twice in the arrivals.

*edit2*

DAL480 never leaves the terminal?

*edit3*

I played from 17.00 because it seems to be the time with the most movements. In the beginning I had a lot of traffic, but at 17.45 I all active arrivals are on the ground and only four departures?

Thanks - looking into at your edits I found no schedule issues.

• The arrivals you speak of have different flight numbers. At 17:05 in the schedule file you will see EDV3390 and 17:06 is EDV3990. I've listened to ATC and they really "love" it when they have closely numbered flights under their control. "Why do the airlines do this to us?"
  • DAL480 is not a schedule issue - more likely a problem with the sim or that specific gate
  • There are plenty of arrivals and departures in the schedule after 17:45. I'm assuming you used the full schedule file and are running into the no free terminal issue that I mentioned.  I'd recommend using the snippet, you should see quite a bit of difference. If you did use the snippet, please send me your ouput_log.txt file from the tower3d_data folder right after completing your session. I'll look into it but I'm sure it would still be no free terminal related. 

I apologize - actually misread 3390 and 3990 ! :(

The DAL480 stays in the departure list for a long time. At some point later in the hour another arrival needs the stand I removed it.

Yes I used the full schedule file, maybe I will use the snippet next time.

Fantastic job on this custom schedule.  I particularly used your  hourly arrivals and departures broken down by hours bar graph at the start of each hour to get a feel how it is going to go.  How in the world do real world ATC employees  handle eight hour days?   OMG!

18 minutes ago, Scout Yu said:

Fantastic job on this custom schedule.  I particularly used your  hourly arrivals and departures broken down by hours bar graph at the start of each hour to get a feel how it is going to go.  How in the world do real world ATC employees  handle eight hour days?   OMG!

One hour at a time with breaks. ;)

As a result of SP 3.1, I have updated my custom terminal file. It is attached below or you can download an updated zip file included with the original post.

Since Terminal 6 was demolished I removed it from the terminal file. However, Terminal 6 actually is built into the airport somehow. And with the release of SP 3.1, not having this terminal in the terminal file may cause the sim to hang at 63% when loading. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kjfk_terminal.txt

With the release of the much desired SP for KJFK airport, I am re-releasing my custom schedule for KJFK. The downloadable zip file is attached to the original post.

The re-release includes the following new features:

• GA traffic - 100% legitimate GA tail numbers and callsigns 
    • Yes Virginia, we now have a small GA area at KJFK
    • Make sure to review the included charter airlines file so the the names of these smaller carriers don't catch you by surprise
  • Goodbye REDWOOD (VRD) - as a result of the Virgin America/Alaska merger you'll now see, hear, and say the ALASKA (ASA) callsign for these flights. However, you'll still see the Virgin American livery until we can get these planes into the paint shop.  

And as before you'll get a real and challenging traffic schedule based on a busy day prior to Christmas. Also included are hourly snippet files  - the concept of which I have long campaigned and now others are borrowing. I highly recommend using the snippets for a more complete controlling experience (less chance of no free terminal issues).

If you have downloaded my custom files before, thank you and feel free to grab the update. If you haven't downloaded them yet, now is as good as time as any! 

Enjoy!

Craig 

Other custom schedules: 
KSAN - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84788-custom-schedule-for-ksan-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/
KLAS - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84804-custom-schedules-for-klas-~-by-crbascott-~-7-daily-schedules/

@FeelThere Is there a possibility for non-steam users to get notifications in this forum if an update for the game and/or an airport has been released?

I would not have noticed the new KJFK version if crbascott (thank you!) hadn't mentioned it here.

Maybe a sticky thread with every available pack and the current version?

e.g.:

Base game - SP32d

KJFK: 4.2a

KJFK RC: SP2

KLAS: SP2

KLAS RC: SP1

etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Sirius, 

As it has already been mentioned in other threads, we always do. We  usually delay the anouncement by 1or 2 days to give ourselves a chance to see the reaction of a smaller number of group to see if any urgent hotfix is needed before the announcement.

Regards, 

Ariel 

On 4/4/2018 at 6:01 PM, Luis3019 said:

CAN U RESEND THAT FILE CANT UPLOAD IT

The zip file doesn't appear to be corrupt - what is your issue?

great shedules.-.thats real fun.-.thanks for your hard work..btw do u have also new LAX shedules? what bout SFO? will u create something new for it soon?

regards

tim

Thanks Tim.

I normally try to make schedules during peak travel times, so I'll probably add a few more schedules in the coming months. However if you like LAX, in the next few days I will be releasing a new challenge on Tower_MP that is based on real life scenario of 25R being closed.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

On 4/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, crbascott said:

The zip file doesn't appear to be corrupt - what is your issue?

got it thnx