The simFlight Network Forums
crbascott

CUSTOM SCHEDULE for KSAN ~ by crbascott ~ Bonus Files Included!!!

Hello Again Controllers!

Due to the positive response for my KJFK custom schedule, I thought I'd develop a custom schedule for an airport that doesn't seem to get much attention here on the forum. This 24-hour schedule is for KSAN and is based on slightly busier than normal post-Christmas traffic. All flights included are real and were downloaded from FlightAware. Note: Some flight numbers were changed to avoid duplicate flight number issues. The full schedule includes 100+ more commercial flights than Real Traffic for KSAN. GA traffic was relatively light post-Christmas, but has been included also. The chart below illustrates the hour-by-hour commercial arrivals and departures included in the schedule. 

ksan_chart.thumb.JPG.4fe8691d9af0abe3299c4adc0bb68406.JPG

I've also created a custom terminal file that should more accurately represent the gates and terminals used at KSAN during this time period. 

And as a bonus feature, I've included 15 snippet files - optimized schedule files containing 3 hours of flights from the full schedule. For example, the snippet optimized for a 10:00 session start contains flights for the hours of 09, 10, and 11. What I've seen and experienced is that using a full day's schedule (Real Traffic or custom) causes flights to be dropped and delayed due to "no free terminal". By reducing the number of hours in the schedule, you eliminate the dropped flights and get a richer more realistic flight volume experience. 

Attached to this post you'll find a zip file called ksan_crbascott.zip that contains:

• Full custom schedule file  - ksan_schedule.txt
  • Updated terminal file - ksan_terminal.txt
  • GA traffic file - ksan_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
  • Folders containing snippet schedule files for the hours 07 thru 21. 

I'd recommend unzipping ksan_crbascott.zip into your KSAN folder. It will create a crbascott sub-folder with the above mentioned contents. As always, please remember to backup your original Real Traffic files. 

Feel free to contact me on this forum or Discord with questions, comments, and/or issues.

ENJOY!!

Craig (crbascott)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in multiplayer action and haven't yet joined us at Tower_MP, check out the following post for more information. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

Previous custom schedule: KJFK - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84721-custom-schedule-for-kjfk-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/

Next custom schedule(s): A week at KLAS during the  2018 CES Conference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated on 1/24/2018 to include new zip file. A new airlines file with AMF (A8) is included.  
Updated on 3/25/2018 to include new zip file. Fixed a bad flight number and included an updated airlines file (Virgin America/Redwood is now Alaska).  

ksan_crbascott_v3.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Craig.  This looks like a fun schedule to try out.  I may have to wait for the vacate runway bug to be fixed since it is really necessary to have planes exit correctly but I am download this.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VenturaGuy101 said:

Thanks Craig.  This looks like a fun schedule to try out.  I may have to wait for the vacate runway bug to be fixed since it is really necessary to have planes exit correctly but I am download this.

Thanks! Yep, definitely fun trying to handle arrival/departure bottlenecks around B7, B8, and B9 when they occur.

In testing I used EXIT AT TAXIWAY XX and it worked fine for me.

FYI - I've updated the zip file in the original post to include a revised airlines file that has the correct entry for AMF (A8). Thanks to @BullRot84 on Tower_MP for the heads up.

FYI - I've updated the zip file (v3) in the original post to fix a bad flight number (NKS11A is now NKS112) and change the REDWOOD callsign to ALASKA. Thanks to @KPryor for pointing out the issue.

• Like 1