The simFlight Network Forums
crbascott

CUSTOM SCHEDULES for KLAS ~ by crbascott ~ 7 Daily Schedules!!!

Hey Controllers! Ready for a little variety?

In my news feed I noticed that KLAS was adding a few extra controllers to handle traffic during the 2018 CES Conference. This seemed to be the perfect occasion to add a little variety to the custom scheduling world. As a result, I have developed 7 daily schedules (Sun-Sat) based on this busier than normal week of technology-influenced traffic. All flights for all seven days are real and were downloaded from FlightAware. Note: Some flight numbers were changed to avoid duplicate flight number issues. In addition to busier than normal commercial traffic, I have included the busier than normal GA traffic also. The chart below illustrates the day-by-day commercial and GA traffic included in the daily schedules. 

klas_chart.thumb.JPG.0e30d93c07aff23817f765702e1e9bfa.JPG

I've also created a custom terminal file that includes a few extra airlines that visited during the week and should more accurately represent the gates and terminals used at KLAS during this time period. Additionally, I've included updated airlines (can you say "Janet"?) and airports files - primarily to handle the widespread GA traffic.  

And what is now a standard feature for my custom schedules, I've included snippet files for each day - optimized schedule files containing 3 hours of flights from the full schedule. For example, the snippet optimized for a 10:00 session start contains flights for the hours of 09, 10, and 11. What I've seen and experienced is that using a full day's schedule (Real Traffic or custom) causes flights to be dropped and delayed due to "no free terminal". By reducing the number of hours in the schedule, you eliminate the dropped flights and get a richer more realistic flight volume experience. 

Attached to bottom of this post you'll find a zip file called klas_crbascott_v3.zip that contains:

• Common files to be used for each of the 7 days: 
    • Updated terminal file - klas_terminal.txt
    • Updated airlines file - klas_airlines.txt
    • Updated airports file - klas_airports.txt
    • Reference file for GA/charter airlines included in GA traffic - charter_airlines.txt
  • 7 folders containing the daily schedule files (07-Sunday, 08-Monday, 09-Tuesday, 10-Wednesday, 11-Thursday, 12-Friday, 13-Saturday). Within each folder you will find:
    • Full custom schedule file for that day - klas_schedule.txt
    • Full GA traffic file for that day - klas_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
    • Folders containing snippet schedule files (both commercial and GA) for the hours 06 thru 21. 

I'd recommend unzipping klas_crbascott_v3.zip into your KLAS folder. It will create a crbascott sub-folder with the above mentioned contents. As always, please remember to backup your original Real Traffic files. 

Feel free to contact me on this forum or Discord with questions, comments, and/or issues.

ENJOY!!

Craig (crbascott)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested in multiplayer action and haven't yet joined us at Tower_MP, check out the following post for more information. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83242-tower_mp-meeting-place-for-the-multiplayer-community/

Other custom schedules: 
KPHX - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85555-custom-schedules-for-kphx-~-by-crbascott-~-7-daily-schedules/
KJFK - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84721-custom-schedule-for-kjfk-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/
KSAN - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/84788-custom-schedule-for-ksan-~-by-crbascott-~-bonus-files-included/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updated on July 11, 2018  to incorporate changes for KLAS SP3 and fix callsign for VIV.

klas_crbascott_v3.zip

• Thanks 1

I forgot to mention that the callsign of VRD has been changed to "ALASKA" in my klas_airlines.txt file. Due to the acquisition of Virgin America by Alaska Airlines, the REDWOOD callsign is no longer. I'm still using the VRD/VX airline code in order to keep from having white planes. Up until this acquisition, Alaska had no Airbus planes in its fleet.

Below are a couple of articles on the goodbye to Redwood: 

https://airlinegeeks.com/2018/01/10/virgin-america-says-farewell-to-redwood-callsign-to-share-single-operating-certificate-with-alaska-starting-on-thursday/ 

https://www.avgeekery.com/virgin-america-retires-redwood-callsign-operating-certificate/

47 minutes ago, gazza2868 said:

How have you got around the Terminal E issue or do they still not arrive?

G

Unfortunately not - the only solution at the moment is to reassign those airlines to another terminal - which would in turn cause no free terminal issues for other airlines. I still found traffic to be very challenging as a SP, especially with both the increased commercial and GA traffic. I think it would still be fun in MP, but would need to get Terminal E fixed for the best experience.    

This issue had me somewhat hesitant to release a custom schedule for KLAS, but I didn't want to pass up on the opportunity of busier traffic due to CES. Hopefully, FeelThere will come through and release some much needed SPs for KLAS and other airports. 

On 1/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, crbascott said:

Unfortunately not - the only solution at the moment is to reassign those airlines to another terminal - which would in turn cause no free terminal issues for other airlines. I still found traffic to be very challenging as a SP, especially with both the increased commercial and GA traffic. I think it would still be fun in MP, but would need to get Terminal E fixed for the best experience.    

This issue had me somewhat hesitant to release a custom schedule for KLAS, but I didn't want to pass up on the opportunity of busier traffic due to CES. Hopefully, FeelThere will come through and release some much needed SPs for KLAS and other airports. 

I know it is not correct, but for my own use I added the airlines in the E terminal to the Cargo Terminals which helps stop the "no free terminals" issue.  There are a LOT of free gates there.  So I can do departures from E and still have arrivals, but they go to the cargo terminals. Now the game does not fill the E terminal like it normally would, but it does fill about half the gates in E. (It varies every time) Maybe not for those who like realistic, but it does allow the flights to land.

I also tested and found FedEX arrived and departed from there, so it does not create the same problem as adding airlines to the GA terminal.

As for your other comment "Can you say Janet?".  I actually did a video on "Secret Planes" (Secrets that everyone knows...LOL) in November after seeing them in a FlightAware schedule. I also put those in the Cargo since I didn't know where they go.

Thank you for taking the time to create schedules for the public, I know they are a lot of work and it is appreciated.

Peabody

The Janet terminal is just south of the northern GA apron near to intersection of taxiways H and S.  It unfortunately is not modeled in the KLAS addon.

Greetings.....I've unzipped your ADD-On into the main Feelthere 2011 KLAS folder.

How do I now open these files....or do I need to add to the KLAS database file??

Sorry. I'm confused - but can't wait to add extra traffic to LAS sim.

It is sadly lacking enuf traffic on the original software.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards - John Coles - Hampshire U.K. 

You need Real Traffic and Real Color addons installed first and then you replace the files in the particular day in the KLAS folder.  It is always good to make a backup folder of the files there first.

5 hours ago, John Coles said:

Greetings.....I've unzipped your ADD-On into the main Feelthere 2011 KLAS folder.

How do I now open these files....or do I need to add to the KLAS database file??

Sorry. I'm confused - but can't wait to add extra traffic to LAS sim.

It is sadly lacking enuf traffic on the original software.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards - John Coles - Hampshire U.K. 

Do you have 2011 or Pro?  

These schedules were built for Pro. The chart was built using Excel.

I guess the schedule could be used for Tower 2011. Just copy the schedule file you want to use it into your Databases folder and save it as schedule.txt. Make sure to backup your original file though.

KLAS SP3 has been released and as a result I have made a few tweaks to my custom files.

I already had Janet flights in the schedule, but now we can use the Janet terminal instead of Cargo. Thank you @FeelThere! I also changed the IATA code for Janet to sync up with Real Traffic. Make sure to update your RC for KLAS (if you have it) in order to see the new Janet livery. 🙂  

You'll find the updated zip file in the first post in the thread. Enjoy!

In an earlier post I read that your add-on requires both Real Traffic and Real Color, is that correct?  I only have Real Traffic at this point.

2 hours ago, CL30 said:

In an earlier post I read that your add-on requires both Real Traffic and Real Color, is that correct?  I only have Real Traffic at this point.

All custom schedules using real airplane types (versus the generic default ones) require Real Traffic. Real Color is not required at all.

If you happen to run across that post, please share it with me. 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, crbascott said:

Make sure to update your RC for KLAS (if you have it) in order to see the new Janet livery. 🙂  

Has RC for KLAS been updated? Not according to the Current Versions Sheet.

2 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

Has RC for KLAS been updated? Not according to the Current Versions Sheet.

Yes, both RC for KLAS (RC_Tower3D_KLAS_sp2.exe) and RT have been updated (RT_Tower3D_PRO_sp6v8.exe). To be fair, the KLAS updates haven't been officially announced yet so I'd give them a little slack. 🙂 

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

All custom schedules using real airplane types (versus the generic default ones) require Real Traffic. Real Color is not required at all.

If you happen to run across that post, please share it with me. 

Thanks!

Oh, good deal, thanks!! I'll quote the post below. (from this thread)

On 2/6/2018 at 7:25 AM, VenturaGuy101 said:

You need Real Traffic and Real Color addons installed first and then you replace the files in the particular day in the KLAS folder.  It is always good to make a backup folder of the files there first.

Craig, here's where I read it. I suppose I could have taken it out of context, or maybe it was referring to something else. 

Regarding the LAS SP3 that was just released, how does one install that?  I'm wanting to add your schedule in, but need to update the SP first.  I tried it last night thinking it would over-write the old one...but then it didn't work, so guessing I was wrong.  Do I just delete all of the LAS files out of my Extensions > Airfields folder and then install the SP?