The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #5 -- KLAX ver 2.0!

ATControl  -- Joe

Just one question,

I think you talked about this once, but when I play KLAX the aircrafts that are supposed to be the Skywest and Compass Embraer are still the old regional jets. Is this only with me or is it a general problem with the game? Is there some way to fix this?

However anything else with the KLAX #2.0 works fine for me, great job...

4 hours ago, ASLcontrol said:

Just one question,

I think you talked about this once, but when I play KLAX the aircrafts that are supposed to be the Skywest and Compass Embraer are still the old regional jets. Is this only with me or is it a general problem with the game? Is there some way to fix this?

However anything else with the KLAX #2.0 works fine for me, great job...

Embraer jets were not installed/fixed by Nygeres design until a recent real traffic update came out.  I don't recall which one it is.

The E75 has been added to real traffic, included in the KSFO schedule, and liveries were included in RC for KSFO. RC for other airports haven't changed - so it would be a waste of time to download them. However, if you have RC for KSFO any schedule that has the E75 for CP, OO, or QX will now have liveries.

For the record, there was never a vanilla E75. The E75 didn't exist so what you really had was a vanilla default regional jet. 

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

The E75 has been added to real traffic, included in the KSFO schedule, and liveries were included in RC for KSFO. RC for other airports haven't changed - so it would be a waste of time to download them. However, if you have RC for KSFO any schedule that has the E75 for CP, OO, or QX will now have liveries.

For the record, there was never a vanilla E75. The E75 didn't exist so what you really had was a vanilla default regional jet. 

Thanks Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Does anyone else have a problem with the mix of movements at certain times using this LAX schedule? I started the game at 6am and all is fine but around 9am the departures start to die off and then by 10am its literally all arrivals. Every gate fills up and by noon its down to one movement every 10mins or so even at x16! Arrivals cant be moved as the pilot replies gate is occupied, deal with that aircraft first!

Is this game not designed to be played for more than a couple of hours? I've looked at the schedule Joe created and there seems to be a good mix of departures and arrivals every hour all day, but that is not what I am seeing during game play after 2-3 hours of play.

Feelthere have a potentially great game here but it has so many flaws, why keep pumping out new airports when they should be concentrating on fixing the long list of errors on all the existing ones? I have bought JFK only so far (which was bloody expensive for DLC) and wont buy anymore until they make strides fixing the current problems with the already released airports, especially the ones that come with the game.

And how about adding a day of the week option which will allow schedules to be built for all 7 days and playable?

As for the livery developers, stop cashing in on supplying the same liveries for aircraft for different airports, that's deceitful - have one master downloadable aircraft/livery add on and perhaps have 2/3 updates per year. I for one wouldn't mind paying a small fee for the updates each time.

Anyhow, would appreciate if someone can assist with the issues I am having with the movements drop off as something is clearly not right.

Thank you

Pete

On December 26, 2017 FeelThere_AJ posted: Actually, the game is optimized for 6 Hours gameplay.

Then on January 12, 2018 FeelThere (Vic) posted: This issue came up after the last SP because we got many requests for extending the original 6 hours gameplay to 8 hours.

So since an SP released between those 2 dates the optimized game play has been increased by 2 hours, from 6 to 8.

Thanks for the responses to my LAX drop off question.

There are a few ways to add 'realism' to this sim...game play time is one of them that is a hindrance and totally unnecessary...its a game afterall!

Come on developers...how about sorting out aircraft parking on gates where the aircraft actually fit without blocking taxiways!

Thanks again

• 3 months later...

Come across a couple of issues during a session today:

Schedule file: LAX, ICN, 77L, KE, 274, 12:00, 15:05, 1, KE ... no livery for Korean Air 772 (see screenshot)

1118575214_tower3d2018-08-0417-30-14-09.thumb.jpg.f643dc231c98ec40f14e03b75d79e294.jpg

ASA1928 not working on voip commands using either Alaska or Redwood. Please fix :)

Schedule file: SFO, LAX, 320, AS, 1928, 15:36, 12:00, 1, AS

928190185_tower3d2018-08-0418-06-14-55.thumb.jpg.98ce786672c6088700c7231289c1a613.jpg

38 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Come across a couple of issues during a session today:

Schedule file: LIM, LAX, 772, KE, 274, 12:41, 12:00, 1, KE ... no livery for Korean Air 772 (see screenshot)

ASA1928 not working on voip commands using either Alaska or Redwood. Please fix 🙂

Schedule file: SFO, LAX, 320, AS, 1928, 15:36, 12:00, 1, AS

What you have quoted here are not MY issues.  

1.  A livery missing is Nygeres issue.  You should contact them about it.

2.  Your system not being able to recognize something you say is not my schedule issue.  

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

What you have quoted here are not MY issues.  

1.  A livery missing is Nygeres issue.  You should contact them about it.

2.  Your system not being able to recognize something you say is not my schedule issue.  

Right for starters, every other schedule from @crbascott and others all work fine with the ALASKA callsign. That one specific one above was not working, yet other VRD and ASA Alaska callsigns were in your schedule, so it is not my system ;)

I'll get someone else to test this because I doubt it is my system that is the issue.

I've attached my log file so you can see for yourself. output_log.txt

Pete,

1.  According to my spreadsheet there is a KAL 772 in the RC KLAX texpack.

2. I think your second problem is caused by a clash in the schedule.  There are 2 conflicting lines:

SFO, LAX, 321, VX, 1928, 14:58, 12:00, 1, VX

SFO, LAX, 320, AS, 1928, 15:36, 12:00, 1, AS

Because of the data in the airlines file, both flights result in the voice callsign Alaska 1928.  From your log the first one (VX) was handled normally but when you tried to talk to the second one (AS) with the same callsign as the first the game seems to have ignored you possibly because the VX version had reached the terminal. I wonder what would have happened if both were 'airborne' at the same time?

Wayne

• Like 1

Pete,

I have just tested the RT default schedule and the KAL 772 is nicely in Korean blue. 

BTW, the KAL schedule line you quote above is for the inbound flight but your screenshot shows data for the outbound flight so the relevant schedule line should be:

LAX, ICN, 77L, KE, 274, 12:00, 15:05, 1, KE

Wayne

• Like 1