The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #5 -- KLAX ver 2.0!

ATControl  -- Joe

1 minute ago, winsaudi said:

Pete,

I have just tested the RT default schedule and the KAL 772 is nicely in Korean blue. 

BTW, the KAL schedule line you quote above is for the inbound flight but your screenshot shows data for the outbound flight so the relevant schedule line should be:

LAX, ICN, 77L, KE, 274, 12:00, 15:05, 1, KE

Wayne

Well noticed.

Just tested the default schedule and the livery appears fine in there ???? So what gives? Why doesn't it appear in @ATControl -- Joe 's schedule?

562887411_tower3d2018-08-0420-25-53-27.thumb.jpg.913d61f002526f199957bed73540a9f6.jpg

On 3/30/2018 at 5:21 AM, ATControl -- Joe said:

Thanks.  I have lifted the ASA1892 flight from the schedule.  VRD will remain.  Dropbox is updated.  Please re-DL the file.

Joe

Joe posted this in March. But the schedule clash is still there as I re-downloaded one minute ago to check.

Just noticed it states 77L rather 772. I'll change joe's to read 772 to fix that. @ATControl -- Joe You may want to update that file in your uploaded files because it is your file that is wrong.

So "LAX, ICN, 77L, KE, 274, 12:00, 15:05, 1, KE" needs to be "LAX, ICN, 772, KE, 274, 12:00, 15:05, 1, KE" (line 1376 in notepad++ > Schedule file).

To defend Joe on the KAL liveries, (not that he needs defending as his responses on this forum are sometimes quite 'robust'), he has written before that his schedules are a closer match to real world than the RT version from ND, and if that results in albino traffic so be it. I see his point of view although my personal preference is for full color/colour so I do a little editing.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

... he has written before that his schedules are a closer match to real world than the RT version from ND, and if that results in albino traffic so be it...

No real colours for those who purchased the RC packs. Real logic there! Should implement real colours into the schedule or at least ask the forum members what they would like in a strawpoll or something.

Fixed the 772 Korean Air. But now I got no livery for SAS940. So need to edit that one too.

EDIT: For those who want to see the SAS ... Change :

line 630 from "ARN, LAX, 333, SK, 939, 11:54, 12:00, 1, SK" to "ARN, LAX, 343, SK, 939, 11:54, 12:00, 1, SK".

... and ...

line 1390 from "LAX, ARN, 333, SK, 940, 12:00, 14:48, 1, SK" to "LAX, ARN, 343, SK, 940, 12:00, 14:48, 1, SK".

1710636033_tower3d2018-08-0420-48-42-52.thumb.jpg.52413563fc0176d0b781b7ba1766c727.jpg1610088524_tower3d2018-08-0420-44-35-91.thumb.jpg.7989b3e49aa3c3b1ea24acc2b3a15220.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pete_agreatguy said:

That is stupid. No real colours for those who purchased the RC packs. Real logic there! Should implement real colours into the schedule or at least ask the forum members what they would like in a strawpoll or something.

Fixed the 772 Korean Air. But now I got no livery for SAS940. So need to edit that one too.

EDIT: For those who want to see the SAS ... Change :

line 630 from "ARN, LAX, 333, SK, 939, 11:54, 12:00, 1, SK" to "ARN, LAX, 343, SK, 939, 11:54, 12:00, 1, SK".

... and ...

line 1390 from "LAX, ARN, 333, SK, 940, 12:00, 14:48, 1, SK" to "LAX, ARN, 343, SK, 940, 12:00, 14:48, 1, SK".

A.  I'm not going to waste my time 'waiting' for the forum to tell me how to write my schedules.   Nor will I conduct straw polls to figure out who wants what. 

If you don't like the way the schedule is, no one is forcing you to play with the schedule.  As referenced by winsaudi....make the changes on your own.  A good controller does not need to see any "color" on an airplane to control an airplane.  I write based on what is happening in the real world at that time.  The same airline could fly 2 different equipment on two different days.  

Unfortunately it takes an act of God to get Nyerges to commit to new liveries unless it's new DLC.  I asked for an LAX update over 3 months ago, was told it was in the works and never got done.  So -- if you want more liveries, complain to Nyerges and maybe things will change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

A.  I'm not going to waste my time 'waiting' for the forum to tell me how to write my schedules.   Nor will I conduct straw polls to figure out who wants what. 

I suggested you ask forum members. i.e. Be democratic. However, that said I understand your point of view and do appreciate your hard work that you do. My apologies if I came across strong and "selfish" - I was just frustrated and annoyed that what I was expecting from this compared to others was different lol.

A good controller does not need to see any "color" on an airplane to control an airplane.

It's called Tower3D for a reason ;)

Unfortunately it takes an act of God to get Nyerges to commit to new liveries unless it's new DLC.  I asked for an LAX update over 3 months ago, was told it was in the works and never got done.  So -- if you want more liveries, complain to Nyerges and maybe things will change.

I doubt they will listen. They never do. Look at all the bugs that aren't being fixed.

5 minutes ago, cwalfy1 said:

But just remember he don't have to make the schedule available to everyone for free but he does and I for one thank him. A little editing isn't to much to do. Thanks Joe.

Granted.

I was just annoyed and frustrated that there wasn't real colour traffic - again I repeat it is "Tower 3D" and those who purchased the RC are left out when missing textures.

I do see it from his point of view. I just don't agree with it in terms of what us RC users have. A custom schedule is always going to be better than the default. There is so much more diversity.

Others who have created schedules have used the available aircraft and updated when others have been added via other DLC releases. Examples being but not limited to @crbascott, @Controller- Rogue, @hexzed and @jonas243.

They have all created fantastic schedules and it is excellent that such people do create such mods :) That I am thankful of. Personally I love them all. I was just disappointed by @ATControl -- Joe's differences.

1 hour ago, pete_agreatguy said:

I am entitled to an opinion. And I am probably not the only one who shares this view.

Actually you are one of the only people that complain about CUSTOM work and that it's not up to your personal standards.  Once again, you're not seeing what everyone says.....if you don't like the schedule then move on and find someone else's to play on or figure out how to build your own.  You'd probably have a schedule 1/2 built by now if you stopped wasting time complaining on this forum.  

Oh, and once again, myself and anyone else who writes schedules DO NOT CONTROL WHAT LIVERIES are in the game.  Go complain to Nyerges.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Actually you are one of the only people that complain about CUSTOM work and that it's not up to your personal standards.  Once again, you're not seeing what everyone says.....if you don't like the schedule then move on and find someone else's to play on or figure out how to build your own.  You'd probably have a schedule 1/2 built by now if you stopped wasting time complaining on this forum.  

Oh, and once again, myself and anyone else who writes schedules DO NOT CONTROL WHAT LIVERIES are in the game.  Go complain to Nyerges.

Agreed.  

Pete, sure, you're entitled to your own opinion!  I think it's just how you're going about it - It's a bit abrasive.  I'm sure you mean well, and no doubt lots of folks feel that way, but that kind of attitude doesn't really help the issue. 😉

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pete_agreatguy said:

Granted.

I was just annoyed and frustrated that there wasn't real colour traffic - again I repeat it is "Tower 3D" and those who purchased the RC are left out when missing textures.

I do see it from his point of view. I just don't agree with it in terms of what us RC users have. A custom schedule is always going to be better than the default. There is so much more diversity.

Others who have created schedules have used the available aircraft and updated when others have been added via other DLC releases. Examples being but not limited to @crbascott, @Controller- Rogue, @hexzed and @jonas243.

They have all created fantastic schedules and it is excellent that such people do create such mods :) That I am thankful of. Personally I love them all. I was just disappointed by @ATControl -- Joe's differences.

I feel that you are not listening to what I am saying, or you are mis-understanding what I have said above.  So I will clarify a few statements:

I've already read and took in everything you and everyone else above have stated. I have highlighted above that I do appreciate all your custom work and others. I have already apologised for my harsh comments - and removed them I might add, which I agree with, they were harsh. I am not going to apologise again.

To add, I I have never "complained" before about any other custom work. You can see my forum post history for evidence of that. In fact it has been the complete opposite. And if I do have issues with their schedule, I will post appropriately and ask for help in order to resolve those issues - which is what I have done here.

To clarify, I was reporting issues I had with your custom schedule. They were not meant as complaints. I was upset that I had no real colours with some aircraft and can understand now if you took that as a complaint. I did mean well - not just for myself but others who have RC installed.

I will repeat ... I much prefer any custom schedule to default traffic schedule - they are always much better (inc. yours).

I have already made the changes needed in order to have the real colour traffic as suggested, which I do appreciate. AKA Thank you.

13 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

I missed this in your readme file and in the main post about the missing textures. So that is my fault. My mistake. Which we all do as humans. Highlighting this or having it higher in your original post or a phrase "read all below before using" may help others avoid this conflict in the future :)

I resolved the texture issues for now but cannot use your schedule further until the MP007 tournament is finished as I am through to round 3 in that, so I will play more of this schedule after that has ended.

I'll send you a DM regarding another comment you mentioned above as that doesn't need to be resolved in open public view.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, CenturioRomanus said:

Is it normal for all of the compass flights to be without liveries? They are parked with the delta's so I figured they should have delta liveries.

Just to clarify Air Jamaica's info. KLAX does have a Compass livery but only the E170, not the E175. So if you want color you could change the plane for you own use.

Also the updated KLAS has both the E170 and E175 and as Air Jamaica said KSFO has the E175. So if you plan to buy either airport in the future, you could get the RC file now for whichever airport you plan to get.  There may be others, I do not have all the airports, so this info is only what I have.

Nygeres Design was suppose to make a list for us, I haven't seen any mention of it yet.

• Like 1

I noticed in someone's screen shot of Tower 3D Pro I think it was in KMCO and I noticed that some of spirit airlines planes where the yellow taxi look and some where the old livery,  I have tried to do what it said at the bottom of the screen shot in KLAX just to see if it would do that so I am just wondering does anyone know if that will only work in KMCO

7 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

I noticed in someone's screen shot of Tower 3D Pro I think it was in KMCO and I noticed that some of spirit airlines planes where the yellow taxi look and some where the old livery,  I have tried to do what it said at the bottom of the screen shot in KLAX just to see if it would do that so I am just wondering does anyone know if that will only work in KMCO

That info was answered in the post on that topic, it has to do with the numbering of the Texturepacks as to which one is used.

9 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

not sure I saw what topic your  talking about but what do you mean in the texture packs what would I have to do with texture packs 

"New Liveries with KMCO"

You may want to go to that thread or post a new one, so we don't hijack this one.

5 hours ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

Or, keep them as-is for realism!  😁I saw all three of their liveries yesterday in Boston: Gray "digital," Blue/White/Red, and the Yellow taxi look.  I was surprised to see the gray one for sure.  I figured they'd all be painted by now.  I still like that livery the best of theirs.