The simFlight Network Forums

ERJ175 Nav Database Load Issue

Roger C

In order to solve an earlier problem where the HUD would no longer appear I performed a reinstall in FSX which did solve the problem.  However, I now have a new issue apparently as a result of the reinstall (sigh).  I utiilze Navagraph FMC database and am current with AIRAC 1802.  The NAV IDENT before the reinstall displayed that as the ACTIVE NDB, but now I have the default database of 28SEP 25OTC/06 showing with the reference NDB v3 01 5M  WORLD 06-10 in green on the NAV IDENT page.

I did a redownload of AIRAC 1802 for my Embraer entry and a restart of the computer and FSX to no avail.

This is the first time in 2 years of using Navagraph that the database has failed to update in the FMC.  The database has updated in other aircraft models so the issue is limited to this E jet.

Thank you

On 2/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, Roger C said:

but now I have the default database of 28SEP 25OTC/06 showing with the reference NDB v3 01 5M  WORLD 06-10 in green on the NAV IDENT page.

if the original database is showing it means the new database isn't in the correct location or isn't over-writing the old files.

Ok.  This has never been a problem before and I have been doing these updates every month for about 2 years. It also does not appear to be a problem with any of the other database destinations I have in my Navagraph directory (iFly737, Majestic Q400, Carenado, etc.) so I asm thinking it is a problem with the aircraft not the data.

My question is what file(s) for Navagraph should be appearing in what folder(s)?  As I mentioned earlier, the ND folder of the E175 is showing a file; cycle_info.txt that shows the AIRAC cycle 1802 as the title so it looks like something is getting through.  I just do not know if there are files (and what they are called) that should be present and/or might be somewhere else.

Thanks 

it is always possible the UAC is blocking Navigraph's product from updating the files.  Make sure all folders and programs are being 'run' from your admin account.  the coder for the plane hopefully will be near his computer soon and be able to provide details on the install path - i'm 1500+ miles from my computer as I type this.

I do run the programs from my administrator account.

I appreciate your assistance .

I was looking at the Navigraph forum and checked a screenshot of someone else's feelthere directory path.  My feelthere folder was missing a sub-folder 'navdata'.  I added that folder and amended the Navigraph install path. I then ran a Navigraph update for the feelthere Embraers and the navdata file was inserted into the navdata folder and the aircraft FMS now shows the active database as the current AIRAC 1802.

• 1 year later...

I have a terrible problem trying to update NaviGraph AIRAC files in my 175/195.  I finally have to resort to manually downloading files to my desktop and putting them in the proper folders.

Dave Hinson

21 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I have a terrible problem trying to update NaviGraph AIRAC files in my 175/195.  I finally have to resort to manually downloading files to my desktop and putting them in the proper folders.

Dave Hinson

You need to contact Navigraph about the problem you are having with their installer if any of the prior recommendations don't work for your install.

• 1 year later...