The simFlight Network Forums

Track the origin of a called event?

Is it at all possible to track the origin of an event? Today, I was happily flying along in my Citation CJ2 (Carenado) when my engines cut out. I quickly scrambled to restart the engines, and got the plane flying again. After landing, I checked the FSUIPC log which was set to capture events, and I found these two lines as the engines shut down:

4719188 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66495 (0x000103bf), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2
  4719672 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66494 (0x000103be), Param= 0 (0x00000000) TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1

Unfortunately, I was not logging button presses, so I am unable to track down if i have some faulty hardware trying to send the events. So this brought me to wonder if it is possible at all to find out the origin of that event, so I can track and possibly catch it? I'd rather not toggle my fuel valves :D

On 2/16/2018 at 9:28 PM, Henrik Bergvin said:

Is it at all possible to track the origin of an event?

No way I know of.  SimConnect allows me to intercept them, for logging, but there's no sender information at all. I agree, it would be very useful at times. I usually resort to a process of elimination, but for rare events that can take too long.

Pete

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

No way I know of.  SimConnect allows me to intercept them, for logging, but there's no sender information at all. I agree, it would be very useful at times. I usually resort to a process of elimination, but for rare events that can take too long.

Pete

Ok, thank you so much for the answer. I'll keep on testing to see if I can figure out whether or not there's a hardware event that triggers it. It has happened to me on two different (Carenado) aircraft, and on two similar flight plans.