The simFlight Network Forums

If you're asking what I think you are, especially for an addon plane, you need to log local panel variables.  Look into the "log lvars.lua" script and I think there's some documentation for this in the FSUIPC documentation.

If it's a default aircraft you can probably find what you need in the offset listing in the documentation.  But most addons use LVars.

-stefan

On 2/17/2018 at 5:16 PM, koenigsegg18 said:

Does anyone know how I can find out the control number of a Button by pressing it via mouse. In the log of FSUIPC are only actions that i've done by keyboard or with the joystick.

The "Event" logging in FSUIPC includes all non-axis events (a separate logging option) passed to the sim no matter where they originate. For some aircraft, operating something with the mouse does also result in such an event.

PMDG's Boeings support the use of "custom controls", using the same system but with numbers for events beyond those provided by the Sim.

L:Vars ("Local Variables") are used a lot by other add-ons, but some of those will just indicate a setting, not control it. Even some of those which will control a switch function don't always result in the on-screen switch position moving, even though the aircraft respects the value you write.

I'm afraid some functions on an aircraft panel (even for default aircraft) do not have any means of access from either keyboard or button, with no L:Var either to use. In FSX and P3D1-3, the FSUIPC "mouse Macro" facilities might be usable, though more and more aircraft are written in ways which don't support this. Mouse macros aren't available in the P3d4 version of FSUIPC, though I am hoping to be able to implement these with the help of new facilities provided by L-M.

Pete