The simFlight Network Forums

E_Jets V2 and P3D4.2

Skipy33

Hi,

I wanted to fly E175 at Flytampa KTPA but once all was loaded I can see that I have a big FPS problem dropping from 30 (NVidia limiter) to 14. Loading PMDG 737 at the same place I get back 28 fps.

I never had this kind of problem with E_Jets on P3D4.1. Any compatibility issue with the 4.2?

I got the same problem at LatinVFR KEYW which is a "small" scenery. FPS drops to 14-15 with E175 loaded cold and dark.

Regards, Skip.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, vinno65 said:

Hi Skip33

flew the erj175 p3dv4.2 last night no issues with fps using flytampa KBOS UTLive at 70% nvidia inspector set to 30fps and half refresh for my 60hz monitor

only problem was the plane did not capture the glide slope

Hi,

This is strange... I just did the test again at LatinVFR KEYW.

- I also use Nvidia FPS limiter set to 30fps

- With Ejet 175 or 195 my FPS are swaping from 24 to 42 fps

- If I change vehicule to set F-22 Raptor FPS are steady at 30fps

- If I change again with E-Jets same behaviour occurs

- I have the latest release of Ejets v2 (EMBv2_P3D4-20180109)

Nothing special in E170 logfile when I load the aircraft and proceed with startup procedure from cold and dark except some simconnect events:

Simconnect is ok
0000000087141EC0
FlightLoaded hr = 0
FlightSaved hr = 0
Paused hr = 0
Sim hr = 0
Sound hr = 0
SimConnect_CallDispatch hr = 0
SC: SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_OPEN, 134
SC: SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EVENT, 1C
SC EVENT: 2
SC EVENT: 3
SC EVENT: 4
SC: SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_SYSTEM_STATE, 11C
Initialising plane
Engines and hydraulics initialised
System 9 initialised
System 10 initialised
System 11 initialised
System 12 initialised
System 13 initialised
System 14 initialised
System 15 initialised
System 16 initialised
System 17 initialised
System 18 initialised
System 19 initialised
System 20 initialised
System 21 initialised
System 22 initialised
System 23 initialised
System 24 initialised
System 25 initialised
System 26 initialised
System 27 initialised
System 28 initialised
System 29 initialised
System 30 initialised
System 31 initialised
System 32 initialised
System 33 initialised
Display 1 initialised
Display 2 initialised
Display 3 initialised
Display 4 initialised
Display 5 initialised
Display 6 initialised
Display 7 initialised
Display 8 initialised
Display 9 initialised
Sound manager initialised
reading ini
Plane initialised
Trying Connect
I:\P3Dv4\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E195\panel\..\..\..\..\FeelThere\Nd\nd.db3
Connect ok
test search apt executed query
01ID
01NK
01TX
01WI
02WA
04WN
06FA
06WN
07FA
07MT
test passed
before loading plans
plans loaded
Extracting VHF navaids
Extracted VHF navaids
FMS is not initialized yet
FMS has been initialized
TCAS is not initialized yet
TCAS has been initialized
SC: SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EVENT_FILENAME, 120

Of course I have many addons which use simconnect but it would be strange that a conflict occurs only with Ejets.

Skip.

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

This could be caused by system complexity, model, etc. It's not a major drop.

Vic

Vic,

I am in touch with your support team via mail.

The issue is that FPS is "jumping" every second from 24 to 42 fps on a small airport without AI traffic moving or complex weather.  I don't have this problem with any other aircraft including PMDG or TFDi more complex addons.

With a real weather environment at a big airport the E-jets becomes unflyable. This issue didn't happen with P3D4.1 and looks like a simconnect problem as some other people can have with FSUIPC 5.123 (fps stuttering).

Skip. 

8 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Hi Skip.

We are researching it however we are aware v2 has some problems that are affecting other developers product as well.

Vic

Hi,

Yes... Some products had to produce fix in order to run with 4.2 but not all fortunately. FSUIPC which has the same symptom was working well with an "old" 5.122 version, bad with the 5.123 and ok now with the latest 5.124.

Skip.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sabrefly said:

Please let us know if you find a fix fo the FPS mess.

Thanks

No I didn't find any fix or workaround. Even without all dll's and exe modules (Active Sky, PMDG, FSUIPC,...) I have the same issue. I was able to perform a flight but it's very annoying and causing stutters. I'm still waiting for an official answer from feelthere who is working on it.

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2018 at 12:09 PM, FeelThere said:

Our upcoming ERJ will require P3D4.2 and we will see if that solves any problems (by making it 4.2 compatible only). Based on the information we collected 4.2 is causing issues for other developers as well so we are still watching this problem.

Vic

Hello,

Exactly the same problem with ERJ 135/145XR for P3Dv4.2.

Skip.

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Skip,

If I understood you correctly with the other planes you get 30 fps and with ours 24-42. I can imagine it's annoying when you watch the fps on your screen however a complex plane such as ours would not raise a concern if you'd get a steady 24. 

Vic

The FPS I gave you are coming from a test situation: KEYW airport add-on, cold and dark state without weather engine or AI traffic moving on. I let you image how this "fluctuating performance issue" can impact the simulation in a very complex situation: Big airport add-on, hundreds of AI aircraft and Active Sky weather with rain at night with dynamic lightning activated.

I confirm that I have this behaviour only with your 3 Embraers products. With E-Jets v2 the issue arrived just after moving from P3Dv4.1 to P3Dv4.2. Perhaps on very powerful machines people don't notice the problem.

The fact that FPS can fluctuate from 24 to 45 instead of being caped by NVidia FPS limiter is the proof that something is wrong in P3D4 display engine.

Skip.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I've just installed the latest releases of your products in my P3D4.3:

- ejetsv2-p3dv4-3

- ejetsv1-p3dv4-3

- erj135-145xr-p3dv4-2

I still have the same problem. Test made at Key West airport (cold and dark, no AI aircraft) and FPS value is moving from 24 to 40. If I change vehicle to Aerosoft A318 Pro for example FPS are almost steady at 30 (NVidia Inspector FPS limiter value).

This means that in a more complex environment (large airport, AI traffic and complex weather) FPS can move from 8 to 24 which is very annoying.

Skip

Hello,

I'm sure I already made a test long time ago with '0' for all FPS values with the same result but here are the current settings:

ERJ:

[FPS]
pfd=100
mfd=66
eicas=66
rmu=36
isi=70
fms=34
hud=100

E170:

[FPS]
pfd=80
mfd=46
eicas=46
isi=47
fms=50

Even when cold and dark FPS settings can have an effect on the sim?

Regards, Skip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...