The simFlight Network Forums

E_Jets V2 and P3D4.2

Skipy33

Fernando, I am afraid the problem is harder to find. After going through all the troubleshooting in this thread, if it is still not working for you it may be due purely to a local computer issue. Please check you do not have any other program regulating/controlling FPS or video in your computer, as these sometimes have been the cause. 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

The "local computer issue" could be a reason (Windows DirectX version, Nvidia drivers & Inspector settings....). But now I'm running a new install of P3D4.4 on a new "boosted" computer and the problem is still there. Using P3D FPS limiter set to 40 I can see the FPS switching from 40 to 24 every second. By "local" you mean geographical position? ;-).

Is it possible to get debugging version of the gauge to find where is the issue?

Skip.

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

By "local" I mean in isolated computers (individual computers). Each user has different programs running in the computer that may affect this. 

what do you mean by "debugging version"? 

Hi,

If there's a conflict with another program it seems that I've reinstalled it on my new computer. But I remember the issue happened after moving from P4D4.1 to 4.2. Before all was running very well and it's the reason why I was suspecting a problem with simconnect because FSUIPC5 had the same issue.

By the way by debugging version I mean more debug info in the log file (enclosed) after loading. As far as I can see there's no problem with loading the aircraft.

Skip.

e170.log

Skip, 

The problem you are refering too is the FPS issue right? If it is, there should be no problem loading the airplane. What I meant by "local issues" is that FPS may be affected by different programs installed or specifications in each individual computer. In this case, it almost comes down to each individual user to troubleshoot which program or computer spec is causing the issue.

6 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Skip, 

The problem you are refering too is the FPS issue right? If it is, there should be no problem loading the airplane. What I meant by "local issues" is that FPS may be affected by different programs installed or specifications in each individual computer. In this case, it almost comes down to each individual user to troubleshoot which program or computer spec is causing the issue.

The problem that appears since the P3D4.2 upgrade and next versions is that the FPS on all Feelthere aircraft (170,175,190,195,135,145XR) is fluctuating by 100% without any reason. This happens as soon as the plane is loaded in a cold and dark state, without anything moving around and even at a standard "simple" P3D4 airport. With any other aircraft including PMDG, Aerosoft, Maddog, TFDi, CaptainSim.... when I'm in the same situation I get a steady FPS (usually the FPS limit = 40 I gave) on a standard "simple" P3D airport. With Feelthere ones, FPS is fluctuating from 40 down to 20 approximately every second. I have now a i7 8700K@4.8GHz with a GeForce 2080 RTX and my opinion is this is not a normal behaviour for this addon. With P3D4.1 170/190 aircrafts were running very well.

It's perhaps a conflict with another addon (ASP3D4, FSUIPC5, ....) but in this case Feelthere products are the only one to have this issue.

PS: The "fluctuating FPS" issue is also happening when the sim is paused....

Skip.

Edited by Skipy33
Last test performed with sim paused

• 1 month later...

Hello, can you please post the correct config for the module? I’m having the same issue as Skippy, and yes is very frustrating, I realy love your module i think it is the best ERJ and EJET module for practicing real flight procedures, so if you fix it I will appreciate.

thanks for your help

1 hour ago, Fernando G said:

Hello, can you please post the correct config for the module?

use the EMB or ERJ configuration utility to adjust the gauge refresh rates.  adjust, test, adjust, test.  each system is different so you need to find the setting for your computer.

Hello i did what scoob say, i adjusted the fps lines of the config utility but didnt work, did a reinstall of windows 10 an neither work, what i found that work was unpluging the mouse and keyboard, that fixed the stutters and give a boost to the fps even to 100 fps over water all this in fsx and p3d. What i discovered is that my mouse M570 and keyboard K220 are from logitech unpliging them gave me the solution i was looking for. The strange thing is that i connected an EASY line mouse and all went fine, no stutters and good fps, this make me think that your module is not compatible with logitech hardware, by the way this just happen only with your moudules EJETS V1, V2 and ERJ in fsx and p3d, i have DCS and IL2 and the planes included in FSX and P3D and no one of them gave me a problem.

Well thats what i found in a weekend of hard work trying to fix your module, i think that the developers  should had found the compatiblity issues of the modules in all the months we have been waiting for a solution of stutters, well i hope you can fix this out or tell us what hardware is compatible with your module. 

Thanks 

11 hours ago, Fernando G said:

Hello i did what scoob say, i adjusted the fps lines of the config utility but didnt work, did a reinstall of windows 10 an neither work, what i found that work was unpluging the mouse and keyboard, that fixed the stutters and give a boost to the fps even to 100 fps over water all this in fsx and p3d. What i discovered is that my mouse M570 and keyboard K220 are from logitech unpliging them gave me the solution i was looking for. The strange thing is that i connected an EASY line mouse and all went fine, no stutters and good fps, this make me think that your module is not compatible with logitech hardware, by the way this just happen only with your moudules EJETS V1, V2 and ERJ in fsx and p3d, i have DCS and IL2 and the planes included in FSX and P3D and no one of them gave me a problem.

Well thats what i found in a weekend of hard work trying to fix your module, i think that the developers  should had found the compatiblity issues of the modules in all the months we have been waiting for a solution of stutters, well i hope you can fix this out or tell us what hardware is compatible with your module. 

Thanks 

Fernando,

This sounds very interesting because I also use logitech Mouse + Keyboard!!! I tried to change many parameters in Logitech control panel but without solving the issue. Uninstalling Logitech drivers is not a solution as all other addons are working well and I need some specific features that SetPoint gives. Perhaps Feelthere will have an idea about the conflict source?

Skip.

28 minutes ago, Fernando G said:

Hi Skip

Did you try unplugging the mouse and keyboard just to check  the FPS ? What I found is to unplug them to solve all the FPS issues.

Fer

I'm flying the E145XR right now and no more FPS stuttering problem just by unplugging my Logitech M560 USB receiver and using a HP wired mouse instead. By the way I found in the Feelthere documentation that "mouse butons and wheel are used to control the panel and 3rd parties mouse applications could have to be tuned....". In Logitech case it seems that there's no tuning to solve the conflict.

Skip.

Hi Skip,

Well at least we have something to start, hope the feelthere personal give us a fix, if you find something more please let me know, by the way searching how to fix this issue I found that CRJ also have this issue, let’s spread the word so this issues can be fixed.

Fer

Hello Skip,

Today I bough PMDG 737 and with defaul settings in P3D I get a constant of 50 FPS with Logitech and mouse and keyboard connected, so there something wrong in the EJET and ERJ module that tries to comunacite with some hardware or something like that because even disconnecting the keyboard and mouse I don’t know if it is your case but the FPS still make an instant peak down, can you confirm this with the FPS of the sim ? can you test it with another module you have just to make sure I’m not going crazy making the job of the feelthere engineers?

thanks Skip

Fer

25 minutes ago, Fernando G said:

Hello Skip,

Today I bough PMDG 737 and with defaul settings in P3D I get a constant of 50 FPS with Logitech and mouse and keyboard connected, so there something wrong in the EJET and ERJ module that tries to comunacite with some hardware or something like that because even disconnecting the keyboard and mouse I don’t know if it is your case but the FPS still make an instant peak down, can you confirm this with the FPS of the sim ? can you test it with another module you have just to make sure I’m not going crazy making the job of the feelthere engineers?

thanks Skip

Fer

Hi Fernando,

I have almost all available good addon aircrafts on P3D4 and Feelthere ones are the only one where I have a real problem with FPS stuttering. AS CRJ and Airbus are in my opinion not concerned. I remember that the problem appeared on Feellthere after the P3D upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. But now that now you found that only users with some Logitech mouses (and keyboards?) are concerned by this issue, I'm afraid that Feelthere won't investigate on this as they already wrote here.

My concern I'll use another mouse during Feelthere aircraft flights and that's all. The strange thing is that my Logitech keyboard does not create any issue.

Skip.

Well at least they should investigate what hardware make the stutters and should make  compatibility fix, this is an issue when playing fsx so hope they should give an answer, what mouse and keyboard will you use? My mouse and keyboard are wireless, is your keyboard wireless?

Fer

3 minutes ago, Fernando G said:

Well at least they should investigate what hardware make the stutters and should make  compatibility fix, this is an issue when playing fsx so hope they should give an answer, what mouse and keyboard will you use? My mouse and keyboard are wireless, is your keyboard wireless?

Fer

Mouse M560 wireless but the keyboard is wired. In fact it's the USB wireless plug-in which is the source of the problem I think. Just remove it and FPS become steady.

Ok I checked with a wire keyboard Logitech k200 and still have an FPS drop not as hard as with the wireless track ball, but there is a peak down something like the module tried to connect, removing it there is a little fps improvement , but don’t believe me try it.

Well hope they make a fix or at least say something about this.

thanks for your response Skip 

Fer