The simFlight Network Forums

What is initdelay and MakeItVersionFS2002?

Hi Pete,

I need information about InitDelay, what is it? and how do I use it? I have problem with display, when switch to other view (using "s" - default setting in fs9) sometime my display become black (sound is OK) and then fs crash, I hope by adding this line will fix my problem (I'm using full window).

Secondly, I've installed DF737 merge with B734 FFX from Peter McLeland, one of document installation mentioning about "MakeItVersionFS2002", I'm not quite understand about its purpose, can yo make me clear please?

Thanks Pete.

I need information about InitDelay, what is it? and how do I use it? I have problem with display, when switch to other view (using "s" - default setting in fs9) sometime my display become black (sound is OK) and then fs crash, I hope by adding this line will fix my problem (I'm using full window).

I doubt if playing with that will ficx the problem. Maybe reomving or changing other modules will. The "initdelay" value simply controls how long after being loaded FSUIPC subclasses the main FS window so it can receive messages from client programs.

In earlier releases this defaulted to 3 seconds, but with experiments here, on my system, I found that reducing it to 0 helped. But it only helped when I also did the same in AdvDisplay, PFC.DLL and removed Lago's ViMaCore2004.dll. Any on of those would give me the same symptoms.

I think there is some timing problem, probably in DirectX9, which is affected by small changes in the order or timing in which certain calls are made. These will be all from FS itself, as none of the modules I mentioned has anything to do with graphics or DirectX.

You can read a lot more about all this in other threads. I think we are all hoping MS will some time release an update for DirectX which wil fix it -- judging by results from saearching the Web it isn't confined to FS but affects a lot of DX9-based graphics games.

Secondly, I've installed DF737 merge with B734 FFX from Peter McLeland, one of document installation mentioning about "MakeItVersionFS2002", I'm not quite understand about its purpose, can yo make me clear please?

Well, it is really up to Peter to explain that. I didn't want to do it and I do not support it, and I certainly don't appreciate it being published openly. It simply tells programs that they are running on FS2002 instead of FS2004. This will wreck the facilities in some (e.g. FSMeteo), but apparently it is needed for one of the gauges in Peter's panel which checks for FS2002 else won't work. It would be better to fix the gauge, as it is evidently checking needlessly for FS2002.

Regards,

Pete