The simFlight Network Forums

Tracon!2012 SE - Satellite Airport Traffic

crbascott

I was running a session with a custom gaandlocaltraffic.txt file trying to test out traffic at some of the satellite airports in the LAX sector, specifically in this case KFUL. The first two flights that appeared weren't in my file, RT, or the default file. Is traffic randomly generated somehow for the satellite airports? Restarting this session at the same time seemed to generate different flights, and again, they were in any file that I'm aware of.

Thanks, Craig

Tracon_GA.thumb.JPG.804abfd88505264d87a3b4f937e121cc.JPG

10 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Hi Craig,

Yes, Tracon generates some GA flights on smaller airfields.

Vic

Thanks Vic. You could have just said, "read the manual dummy"!

I read the section about the editors and it makes a little more sense on what the sim does regarding airport traffic. Here's my summary, please correct me if I am wrong.

• The gaandlocaltraffic.txt file is not used by Tracon!2012 and Tracon!2012 SE.
  • Airport traffic (from GA to wide body) can be randomly generated based on airport specific parameters (GENERATE:TRUE) 
  • If GENERATE:TRUE is set, then the sim will generate traffic based on aircraft type and planes per hour parameters for that airport.
  • If GENERATE:TRUE is not set, the sim will use the schedule.txt file for traffic for that airport.   
    • Out of the box
      • For the LAX sector, KLAX and KLGB use the schedule file while the traffic for the other airports is generated.
      • For the LAS sector, only KLAS uses the schedule file.
      • For the MIA sector, KMIA and KFLL use the schedule file.

Thanks, Craig