The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Comm / Nav issue

I am having an issue where with a lot of my planes I can not switch the COMM or the NAV frequencies from stand-by.  I have FSX Boxed with Acceleration.  I have the registered version of FSUIPC.  I have spent many hours over the past month trying to find a solution online and haven't been able to find one.  If I remove FSUI{C from FSX, everything works fine, but whenever I reinstall it, it goes back to the same issue.  I have FSUIPC 4.973.  As far as FSUIPC goes, I have installed it but I have not changed any of the settings around.

I will say that I am not very good with any type of behind-the-scenes stuff with computers, so I may be missing something easy.  I have tried all the trouble-shooting I can think of as well as trial-and-error with no luck.  Any input or thoughts would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Hooligan01 said:

I am having an issue where with a lot of my planes I can not switch the COMM or the NAV frequencies from stand-by. 

Using the mouse on the screen button? Or only using an assigned control, in FSX or FSUIPC?

7 hours ago, Hooligan01 said:

If I remove FSUI{C from FSX, everything works fine

Well, FSUIPC won't do anything unless asked, whether by settings in your INI file or by an application (add-on aircraft or xternal program), or a plug-in.

If you show me your FSUIPC4.INI file (from the FSX Modules folder) I can check some of this, but you'll also need to list the add-ons you are using, and which aircraft this applies to.

You can paste the contents of the INI file here -- use the <> button above the edit area to open a bx to paste into. Or you can ZIP the INI file and attach it.

Pete

Thank you for any/all help.  If you need additional info please let me know.  Or if I send you the wrong stuff, like I said, I'm not one bit smart with this stuff.

Add-on's I am running ActiveSky16 and FTX Global.  I'm having the COMM/NAV issues with the Carenado Beech Baron 58, Alabeo Diamond DA40. 

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4973
History=VNTHP16B6EW88O7J4OH2O
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
Annotate=Yes
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
NewDeleteVehiclesForAES=No
AutoScanDevices=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=-4
MinIce=-1
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=No
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
WideLuaGlobals=Yes
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40,3
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
ThreadAffinityMask=x0
LuaAffinityMask=x0
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=Yes
LogOptionProtect=Yes
OOMcheck=Yes
OOMcheckInterval=10
TimeForLuaClosing=2
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
FSVersionUsed="Microsoft Flight Simulator X",10.0.61637.0
SimConnectUsed=10.0.61259.0
Console=No
[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=50
PlannedAirportsPreference=50
GroundPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=0
TrafficLimit=0
[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
[Buttons]
PollInterval=25
ButtonRepeat=20,10
[AutoSave]
Next=1
Interval=60
Files=10
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=No
[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes
[Sounds]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)

10 minutes ago, Hooligan01 said:

Thank you for any/all help.  If you need additional info please let me know.  Or if I send you the wrong stuff, like I said, I'm not one bit smart with this stuff.

I see from your FSUIPC settings that you are not using any user facilities at all in FSUIPC. the file just shows the default settings. So I'm not sure why you've installed it.

With no user settings, FSUIPC itself is most certainly not responsible for your problems. If you were running some FSUIPC-using applications then it could be doing things on their behalf, but you have not listed any. So FSUIPC is simply sitting there, reading FS data in case any application needing it is started. It won't be controlling anything nor writing anything to FS..

12 minutes ago, Hooligan01 said:

Add-on's I am running ActiveSky16 and FTX Global.  I'm having the COMM/NAV issues with the Carenado Beech Baron 58, Alabeo Diamond DA40.

Those are both add-on aircraft and may do things differently. If their documentation doesn't cover this you'd need to ask their support or find their support forum, if there is one. To check that the COMM/NAV swap facility does work, test it with a default aircraft not an add-on.

BTW FSUIPC version 4.974 was released earlier today.

Pete

Well long story short, I have a lot of add-ons, but haven't installed them yet.  I've had this problem in the past, and I've just recently switched to a new computer.  I'm doing a fresh start with everything (nothing is being transferred), so as of now I do not have much on this one.  I mainly use FSUIPC for the FSXFlight program, but I have not installed it yet.  I was installing things slowly so I could try and identify the issue I was having with COMM/NAV.  So I don't have much on there, and when ever I remove FSUIPC, everything works fine, then reinstall it, and the issues come back.  I've talked with Carenado, and they say they don't have any idea and just to remove FSUIPC, but then I can't use FSXFlight which I use a lot.  So that's where I stand on things.  Who knows, I guess I was just hoping I was missing something easy.  Thank you for your responses!