The simFlight Network Forums

Freezes every few seconds after update

LOL! No, USA. in Virginia. We are going through one of five usual summers. Oh and thats F not C! That would about 31 C.

A new day, a new circumstance. I tried what you suggested and the results were surprising. Starting each addon utility did not cause more than normal save times. So I decided to try something else. Normally I start the addons first, then P3D, this next test I loaded P3D first and then the addons all together. Darned if the save time didn't stay at normal time. Now I am really confused. I believe I did update simconnect earlier this year, don't remember when.

Just as I write this, I get another long simconnect disconnect and sim is paused saving. Thought I had a work around.

1 hour ago, BBQSteve said:

LOL! No, USA. in Virginia. We are going through one of five usual summers. Oh and thats F not C! That would about 31 C.

Do they wear hats with corks hanging down in Virginia, too? Thought that was an Aussie thing. 

1 hour ago, BBQSteve said:

Now I am really confused.

I’m not surprised! Seems like some sort of multiple interaction. Maybe it’s also dependent on the order of loading, and also possibly it’s a timing thing which changes according to the order.

I think you might need to eliminate just one add on, and give it a longer test. Then add it back and eliminate the next.

I’m just trying to think what I would do in such circumstances.

Pete

Ware those hats only on festive occasions with large number of libations!

On a four hour flight now and averaging 4 second saves at 300 and 600 seconds apart. Still get simconnect hits occasionally. I tried to find the simconnect files in P3Dv4. Apparently, and don't ask me how, simconnect is not installed in my P3D. Will attempt to install after this flight.

38 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

On a four hour flight now and averaging 4 second saves at 300 and 600 seconds apart. Still get simconnect hits occasionally. I tried to find the simconnect files in P3Dv4. Apparently, and don't ask me how, simconnect is not installed in my P3D

FSUIPC uses the built-in P3D4 SimConnect. The SimConnect DLL used by many programs isn't installed by the P3D installer. Those programs needing it, generally those originlly written for earlier sims (FSX -- P3D3) need the "Legacy" installers folks download for FSX or FSX-SE. I think the early versions of P3D also had them.

I'm not sure how remote (networked) PC installations of programs handle this, though, as they also need a local SimConnect installation. I know some come with their own builds -- Prosim are doing this now, for instance, but for all the ones I use I install one or all of the three available FSX Legacy SimConnect versions.

Were all those add-ons you have originally written for FSX or older versions of P3D? If so there must either be a SimConnect DLL installation, or they are all either FSUIPC-based applications, or they don't interface at all to P3D in the first place.

Maybe this should be determined first. It might help with tracking down the problem. Certainly FSUIPC is a big SimConnect user -- 99% of everything it does, which used to be via hacks into code in FS9 and before, and about 20% still so in FSX and P3D1-3, is, in P3D4, via SimConnect. Obviously a heavy usage of FSUIPC by add-on applications (for actively writing to P3D, not reading which doesn't increase SimConnect actions) could be a factor here.

Pete

Well starting P3D first is a certain problem. The pauses are not quite as bad as they were, but still a nuisance when on approach. Still feel something is not right since several updates. Looks like the new Nvidia driver has problems, W10 and it's problems, who knows, perhaps the combination of all.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep plugging.

As I said previously, new day, new set of circumstance. Yesterday evening was my shot in the barrel, received notification of W10 April Update. First thought was oh great! Also noticed that Nvidia came out quickly with their update to the latest update, so I downloaded and installed it along with beginning my adventure with the W10 update. All went well with the usual exception, shared folders between networked computers and my Saitek yoke driver not installed (what's up with that anyway?)

It was late enough after all that so this AM I fired up P3Dv4 and took it for a ride. Guess what! Not a single pause or stutter. Couldn't tell when the saves were made at 5 minute intervals nor any other stutters. Guess it was magic.

Thanks for all your assistance and time. Till next updates, later.

17 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

All went well with the usual exception, shared folders between networked computers and my Saitek yoke driver not installed (what's up with that anyway?)

Do you need Saitek drivers? Mostly Saitek software interferes with norm Windows joystick treatment. If you are assigning in FSUIPC there's no need for any Saitek software at all -- except for their display modules.

18 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

It was late enough after all that so this AM I fired up P3Dv4 and took it for a ride. Guess what! Not a single pause or stutter. Couldn't tell when the saves were made at 5 minute intervals nor any other stutters. Guess it was magic.

I'm very pleased you found a combination of installs which worked well!

Pete