The simFlight Network Forums

Dear sir,

A few months ago I bought TOPER CALCULATOR TOOL - B777 V3.0 (TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR) from SimMarket. That appeared to be version 3.0.4. I detected on the forum an update with version 3.3.13. I downloaded it and tried to install. First I got the message to uninstall the previous version. After uninstalling the previous version I successfully installed the new one and did the activation. No problem at all. But ..... the question: is "3.3.13_upd" an update from a previous version or is "3.3.13_upd" a complete new version. So do I have to keep the old version "3.0.4" as well when I have to perform a reinstall in the future (ofcourse I hope that I never has to do a reinstall)? In case of a reinstall is it necessary to install first "3.0.4" and then "3.3.13" or can I install just the "3.3.13" version?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Alje Bakker

On 3/3/2018 at 9:17 PM, Alje Bakker said:

Dear sir,

A few months ago I bought TOPER CALCULATOR TOOL - B777 V3.0 (TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR) from SimMarket. That appeared to be version 3.0.4. I detected on the forum an update with version 3.3.13. I downloaded it and tried to install. First I got the message to uninstall the previous version. After uninstalling the previous version I successfully installed the new one and did the activation. No problem at all. But ..... the question: is "3.3.13_upd" an update from a previous version or is "3.3.13_upd" a complete new version. So do I have to keep the old version "3.0.4" as well when I have to perform a reinstall in the future (ofcourse I hope that I never has to do a reinstall)? In case of a reinstall is it necessary to install first "3.0.4" and then "3.3.13" or can I install just the "3.3.13" version?

Alje Bakker

Dear Alje,

versions higher than the basic one (3.0.4) are a complete upgrade but you would still need to keep the original version as it contains some core files needed for TOPER to run properly.

So my short answer would be: Yes, please keep both versions (basic and latest).

Kind regards,

Dear sir,

Many thanks for your quick response. It is clear to me; I will keep both versions.

Alje Bakker