The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC weird issue

Hello all, I have a weird problem happening. I am wiring up my yokes. They are real 757 ones. I have all the trim switches, auto pilot disco switch , PTT ,and intercom switches figured out with a volt meter. I programmed my capt side trim switches in FSUIPC "buttons and switches" and are working perfectly. I tried to program the auto pilot disco switch but that switch is normally closed. I went into FSUIPC switches and buttons and pushed the AP disco button and selected Auto pilot off from the drop down menu. selected ok. When I push the AP button nothing happens, however when I push my trim up switch the AP disconnects. Would this be a problem being that the AP switch is normally closed? 

2 hours ago, 767300 said:

I went into FSUIPC switches and buttons and pushed the AP disco button and selected Auto pilot off from the drop down menu. selected ok. When I push the AP button nothing happens, however when I push my trim up switch the AP disconnects.

Sorry, this seems confused.  What did you assign the "AP button" to? It would normally need assigning to "P Master", which is the AP on/off toggle which by default is i think assigned to 'Z'. 

Changing trim by very much should disconnect the AP, just as taking control with the yoke should.

Pete

Sorry Pete if this is confusing. I assigned the AP disco switch to Joy#1 button 7. I selected the auto pilot off in the drop down menu. However when I go back to flying and push the AP disco button nothing happens. 

D

5 hours ago, 767300 said:

I assigned the AP disco switch to Joy#1 button 7. I selected the auto pilot off in the drop down menu. However when I go back to flying and push the AP disco button nothing happens. 

Evidently the button isn't operating then. Please go to the logging tab in FSUIPC Options, enable button/key and event logging (not axis events) then test it. Stop the sim when you see it not work and show me the resulting LOG file.

Might be a shorter log if you do this before you start flying. 

All assignment to a button in FSUIPC does is make it send that control to the Sim when it detects the button being pressed. What then happens is up to the Sim. Maybe the Autopilot off control is not being used by your add-on aircraft, as Thomas suggests, so always test your FSUIPC assignments with a default aircraft first.

Pete