The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kessler

Updated to fsc 9.7 (10) now UK only shows 1city (answered)

Hi all,

As the title says,when I select United Kingdom its only showing 1 city in the "city" box.  This problem didn't exist on my previous versions of fsc.  If I search by ICAO code then it finds the airport, eg EGCC Manchester, then the whole list of airports is then populated.  It's not a major issue, granted, but it exists nonetheless.  The single City that's shown is Muckle Flugga! This incidentally doesn't show up in the list once I've searched by ICAO code. Strange.  Any ideas?  I'm using FSX Gold edition and all updates are present. Win 7 64 bit.

Many thanks,

Rory

Hi Volker,

Please accept my apologies, although to be fair I did say which OS and flight sim I was using.  So......

FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration which includes sp2.

Windows 7, 64bit.

Navigraph AIRAC 1803.

fsuipc 4.972

Not using WideFS.

Not networked.

FSC version 9.7.

Database Manager version 10.0 rev 2, build 20.02.2018.

5 monitors and 1 projector.

I use FSC exclusively to plan my flights.  I don't use the moving map display or have my flightplans show up in Google.

Oh, and I'm a fairly old guy too :) - big 60 Sept next year!

So, any idea's on why the UK is only showing 1 "City", which turns out to be a lighthouse on a Scottish Island.

Many thanks,

Rory

Hello Rory,

To make sure that we are talking about current data, re-run the DataBase Manager again.
Then send me the complete folder /SUPPORT (is a subfolder inside the FSC folder) to my e-mail address.
The address can be found here: www.fscommander.com

Regards,
Volker

btw. http://www.fscommander.com/aboutus.htm

Volker,

I have run the database manager again and saved the support folder to my desktop.  However when I try and send it via my talktalk email it wont let me select the whole folder. Can you be more specific as to which files I should send to you?  I could send each file separately but this would mean sending several emails.

Oh, and I read the " about us ".  I'm impressed, and wish I'd read it a long time ago.