The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Optimize by volume question

Hi-

Just got STB installed.

Trying to optimize by volume. I keep getting the error message, "AI traffic cannot be optimized when P3D is paused." 

When I click on the STB window, of course it pauses the sim :>) What's the trick? :>)

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark

If the STB Simulator Plugin isn't installed into the simulator for some reason, we can't delete AI aircraft properly while the simulator is paused.  However you say it's not paused, so we need to find out what's going on.

Please set up a trace (Help -> Trace Settings in STB), select "Verbose",  reproduce the problem, close STB, then send me the trace file please.

image.png.9ccbf166eb9616936939d8c319e361b6.png

I'd kindly request patience.  I'm on the other side of the world to you and Flight Simulation is just a part time occupation and yours is not the only problem to deal with.

Thanks

Simon

The problem you are seeing is the simulator tells us is "I am paused" right at the start of talking to STB:

3/9/2018 3:51:45 AM.606: >< SimulatorState.ChangePauseChanged current:1, previous:False

In the above trace line "1" is the same as true, which means simulator is paused.  We never a receive change state to unpaused.  That's not the behaviour I see happening here, where pressing the pause key in the simulator triggers the correct sequence of events to be recorded in STB.

Let's study this a little further.  With your trace configuration in STB still set to verbose, please connect to the simulator, then pause it and unpause it several times.  Please close STB and send the trace file again, and I'll see what events the simulator is sending us.

I'm afraid it's not as simple as having the optimize commands ignore the pause state, it's a necessary thing for stability in several areas.

Thanks
Simon