The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient 7.14 some data are not transmitted

P3d v4.2; Fslabs 2.0.1.232; AS for P3dv4 6620, FSUIPC 5.124 registerd and Wideclient 7.140. Both PC on WIN 10 latest version
Hi all
I have updated to WideClient 7.14 and experienced some problems.
A small tool to calculate the takeoff performance data named  TOPS - TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE SYSTEM FSX P3D which is running on my second PC was unable to load the flight data.
IVAP which is also running on the second PC was not able to detect when I switched in the aircraft the transponder from stdby to TARA.
After I installed WideClient 7.10 again everything was ok.
Regards Stefan

35 minutes ago, Stefan01 said:

I have updated to WideClient 7.14 and experienced some problems.
After I installed WideClient 7.10 again everything was ok.

The only change from 7.10 is that WideClient now works with 64-bit client applications. There's been no change in offset reading/writing.

37 minutes ago, Stefan01 said:

A small tool to calculate the takeoff performance data named  TOPS - TAKEOFF PERFORMANCE SYSTEM FSX P3D which is running on my second PC was unable to load the flight data.
IVAP which is also running on the second PC was not able to detect when I switched in the aircraft the transponder from stdby to TARA.

So, is there an actual connection? It sounds as if you are saying there isn't. If there isn't I need the WideClient.LOG and the WideServer.LOG files.

If there is, I certainly need much more information. WideClient doesn't differentiate between offsets, they are all the same to it, and it is working fine here with my installations. If I knew the offsets being read I could make a test specifically with those offsets (via a Lua plg-in probably, or just using FSInterrogate).

Put (or change the existing line)

Log=All

in the [User] section of the WideClient.INI file.

Reproduce the problems then ZIP the WideClient.LOG file and attach it to a reply here.

Pete

I used to place the wideclient.exe in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wideclient". Running in this place it was not possible to get the logfiles. So I moved it to folder "C:\Wideclient". Here it is running sometimes with no problem. Enclosed logs
WideClient_error  after reboot with error , WideClient_ok_1 to 3 after reboot everything is fine.
I have no idea what causes the error but I try different start scenarios, perhaps it is influenced by the sequence how I start the apps.
Regards
Stefan

WideClient_error.zip

WideClient_ok.zip

WideClient_ok_2.zip

WideClient_ok_3.zip

On 3/10/2018 at 7:12 AM, Stefan01 said:

I have no idea what causes the error but I try different start scenarios, perhaps it is influenced by the sequence how I start the apps.

It looks like this is the same error reported in another thread near here

Could you follow the replies there now please, save me updating both?

I'll be working on this first thing in the morning and will advise there.

Pete