The simFlight Network Forums

KSFO Pushback not working

nrholland

@nrholland If using the tower3d.bat doesn't provide a game.log file, you could try this:

Download the file attached to my post into your Tower!3D installation folder and execute it.
(The only line in it - you can check it before execution - is that the log is now generated on your desktop.)

It starts Tower!3D, so you can try to replicate the errors and submit the game.log from your desktop to this thread.

t3d.bat

Sorry guys.  I cannot find the file "game.log" anywhere. 

As far as the "t3d.bat" file, I've tried executing it numerous times, but nothing shows up on my desktop.

I'm sorry to frustrate you guys.  I know I'm frustrated, because I know you guys know what you're talking about.  It seems like my pc is stupid.

@nrholland “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. Why keep posting pictures when you know a log file is needed? 

Did you follow @DeltaVII's instructions and copy the bat file into your Tower!3D Pro folder? When you ran the bat the file did it start tower? If yes to both, then it's time to stop the insanity.

22 hours ago, nrholland said:

Here's a copy of my desktop.  There is no t3d.bat file on it.  Did I not do it right?

No, you didn't do it right.

1) Put the t3d.bat that I created into your C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower!3D Pro folder. (NOT into tower3d_data !)

2) Now double-click on the t3d.bat.

3) Play Tower!3D and try to reproduce the error.

4) After the error occurred, close the game.

5) You'll now find the game.log file on your desktop and upload it here.

Thanks for the reply.  I see what you are talking about and it worked for me this time.  "game" is now on my desktop.  I will now run the sim and see what happens.  I just reinstalled KSFO as well, so we'll see what happens there, too.  Once again, thank you!

9 hours ago, nrholland said:

I checked your log file and it looks like in both cases (DAL401 and UAL400) you issued the command PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 1L. The pilots subsequently response with  "unable to takeoff from this runway. The runway is too short for takeoff." Not sure if you heard or saw this message, but that is why the planes didn't move. You need to reissue the pushback command using a different runway.

You can try 1R which is a little longer or you can use 28L or 28R which are used for heavy departures. 

I just tried playing the sim for an hour.  My observations were this.  I put the departure runway on 1R.  As expected the Delta 767 would not pushback from 1R just like 1L.  However I did get it to pushback from 10R.  It took off from 10R.

I also got the United 787 to pushback for 1R.  Amazingly, the Hawaiian Airline A330 would also fly out on 1R.

Now I'm going to try the departure runway to be 1L.  We'll see what happens.

Here is my game log.

game.log

2 minutes ago, nrholland said:

I just tried playing the sim for an hour.  My observations were this.  I put the departure runway on 1R.  As expected the Delta 767 would not pushback from 1R just like 1L.  However I did get it to pushback from 10R.  It took off from 10R.

I also got the United 787 to pushback for 1R.  Amazingly, the Hawaiian Airline A330 would also fly out on 1R.

Now I'm going to try the departure runway to be 1L.  We'll see what happens.

Here is my game log.

game.log

1L is 1000 feet shorter than 1R and each plane type has a different takeoff distance requirement. Plane type will determine what runways an airplane can or can't use for takeoff and landings.

Bottom line, there is not an issue with the sim - this is just reality.

The thing I find kind of strange is that the Delta 767 will not take off from 1L or 1R.  Neither will the United 787.  But the A330-200 Hawaiian Airlines will depart from 1L & 1R.  Maybe it's because Airbus planes don't need as much runway as the Boeing ones do.

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

1L is 1000 feet shorter than 1R and each plane type has a different takeoff distance requirement. Plane type will determine what runways an airplane can or can't use for takeoff and landings.

Bottom line, there is not an issue with the sim - this is just reality.

Craig is correct, in reality even an aircraft type of one airline might be able to T/O on a runway but the same type of the same airline or another operator may require a longer runway. It depends on weight, wind direction, engine thrust setting (not all 737-800 engines have the same thrust ratings they vary between about 24K to 27K thrust ratings) I am not going into derated Takeoffs at this stage.

Have a look at Flight Radar 24 & live ATC for how a particular airport operates at various times of the day. In Australia we are about 17 hrs ahead of SFO, It is not always possible to spend much time watching SFO ops at their peak times.

You can then pick up some good taxiing procedures & apply them to your sim sessions,It makes it more interesting. At SFO, I tend to put all heavies onto the 28's for departures as it makes it more of a challenge to sequence them in with the arrivals on 28L that turn off short at Twy L .

Also a small point is that first names on the forum tends to make it more personal and friendly

Kev M