The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic limiter

Hi Pete, first thanks for fsuipc, used it for years great tool. I just discovered the traffic limiter, and it has really helped me to get better performance in the sim and still have ai traffic around me. I am trying to have ai traffic mostly at departure and arrival airports with just a few ai along the way. Could you see with the settings that I am using if I am heading in the right direction or if you would recommend something else, Thanks. Here are my settings.

In sim ai settings

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=30
GADensity=30

fsuipc settings

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=30
PlannedAirportsPreference=20
GroundPreference=90
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=24
TrafficLimit=50

1 hour ago, chiron33 said:

I am trying to have ai traffic mostly at departure and arrival airports with just a few ai along the way. Could you see with the settings that I am using if I am heading in the right direction or if you would recommend something else,

Mostly it has to be a matter of experimentation, as it depends a lot of the sort of airports you use, whether there are other airports nearby those, and what traffic add-ons you use. I am always making small adjustments to my settings.

1 hour ago, chiron33 said:

[Traffic Limiter]
AirportPreference=30
PlannedAirportsPreference=20
GroundPreference=90
NearerPreference=50
TargetFrameRate=24
TrafficLimit=50

You could use a higher limit, surely? 50 doesn't give your traffic programs much scope.

The "GroundPreference=90" value means the likelihood of deleting ground traffic -- maybe the very ones you are wanting to see, is 90% -- i.e. 9 out of 10.. Also note that the "PlannedAirportsPreference=20" value is only used if you have loaded a plan, so that FSUIPC can determine these airports.

Pete