The simFlight Network Forums
AirJamaica

KLAX missing terminal

Hi guys.

I noticed at KLAX that they have an extra terminal on the eastside of the Skywest terminal as you can see in the picture below. Is this terminal let out on purpose or did you developers missed this one?

Regards

Screenshot_20180317-113153.png

What you are seeing is not a regular pax terminal, though it looks like one from above.  Have a look at a current terminal map of KLAX, and you will see that it is not listed.  I do not know the details (perhaps someone in the know will chime in), but I am guessing that it is an old abandoned terminal, which is now being used for surplus parking, or something similar.

Andrew

That in fact is a regular pax perminal that is where american airlines regional flights use I dont understand why the devs did not put that in because all of compass airline flights under the paint american eagle fly's out of that terminal.

13 minutes ago, dsdomonick said:

That in fact is a regular pax perminal that is where american airlines regional flights use I dont understand why the devs did not put that in because all of compass airline flights under the paint american eagle fly's out of that terminal.

Yes very strange. I do see some American Eagle or American Airlines CRJ jets. I hope the developers will fix this terminal.

You check in at terminal 5 and you are taken by bus once you pass through security to the satellite terminal.  There is no direct road access to the Compass terminal.  That is why it is not on the lax terminal map.  You can see the bus road right on the image above.

Wow.  I stand corrected.  What a cumbersome way to design a terminal.  Probably why no one has caught this oversight until now.

Andrew

There is a long list of issues that need to be fixed with this airport but since it is one of the built-in airports FeelThere has stated that they are not planning any updates.  Other issues:

Missing and incorrect cargo terminal on the south side of runway 25L.

Missing western terminal

Incorrect GA area

Missing taxiways

etc.....

2 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Thank you for pointing this out. We will research it and if necessary we will include it in the next Tower version. 

Regards, 

Ariel 

Thanks for responding. I hope y'all fix that cargo terminal. That is really a must.