The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC V5.124 not working with my P3Dv4.2

Hi Pete

I have just got back into Sim and purchased P3dV4.2 and everything working great however I installed FSUIPC V5.124 initially just to map some buttons before fully using the profiles to set up my controllers but on my CS Yoke it or something kills my yoke,CS throttle quadrant and track IR when FSUIPC is enabled, however the CS rudders seem to work fine, its working for the first 2 seconds in P3D then it just stops, also not working in windows then some weird beeping sounds even at the desktop after P3d has closed that requires me to reboot the PC to get rid off, If I remove the FSUIPC DLL from the modules folder in P3Dv4.2 all is great and all the controls are working as expected including track IR. I'm not necessarily saying the issue is FSUIPC as there may be some other item loading that's conflicting with FSUIPC, I also have Ultimate traffic live and Linda initialising at about the same time. I may need to just keep isolating stuff and testing but I though somebody may have come across this

Thanks

Wayne

1 hour ago, wsuch said:

I installed FSUIPC V5.124 initially just to map some buttons before fully using the profiles to set up my controllers but on my CS Yoke it or something kills my yoke,CS throttle quadrant and track IR when FSUIPC is enabled, however the CS rudders seem to work fine, its working for the first 2 seconds in P3D then it just stops, also not working in windows then some weird beeping sounds even at the desktop after P3d has closed that requires me to reboot the PC to get rid off

Several points there:

1. No way does TrackIR and FSUIPC have anything to do with each other. They are completely independent.

2. FSUIPC cannot possibly "kill" any hardware. Apart from an initial scan (reading data) to see what devices there are, and possible repeated scans if you enter the Assignments tabs, it does touch any hardware at all until you assign any in the FSUIPC Options.

3. FSUIPC most certinly cannot stop anything working in Windows. It simply has no preivileges to do so. It is not a driver or running at any low levels at all. Even the scanning it does initially only reads files (the Registry only) and the IDs supplied by each registered joystick device.

4. After P3D has closed FSUIPC is not even there, and it most certainly makes no changes to anything outside of its own foder, where it writes the FSUIPC5.LOG, FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv and FSUIPC5.INI files.

So, I'm sorry, but you need to look elsewhere to resolve your problems.

Pete