The simFlight Network Forums

Sorry if I insist on sending requests for help, but the precedents have not been found and I am afraid of making something wrong.
I recently downloaded and registered the latest version of FSUIPC because the one I had did not support macros. The current one has this function, but if I try to record a macro, no green window will open in FSX. I have Windows 10 and FSX SE. FSUIPC works regularly for all other functions. I tried to record macros with the Beechcraft Baron 58 and the Boeing 737-800.
Can you help me?
Thank you

1 hour ago, Tommaso Carbone said:

Sorry if I insist on sending requests for help, but the precedents have not been found and I am afraid of making something wrong.

Where have you been posting them? I've certainly seen none from you before here, in the Support Forum!

I recently downloaded and registered the latest version of FSUIPC because the one I had did not support macros.

Really? How old was that? FSUIPC has supported macros since around 2002, well before FSX was released, for sure. I see you are using FSX-SE, and most certainly ALL versions of FSUIPC which work with FSX-SE have supported macros, of all types (Lua, L:Vars, normal controls and mouse).

if I try to record a macro, no green window will open in FSX. I have Windows 10 and FSX SE. FSUIPC works regularly for all other functions. I tried to record macros with the Beechcraft Baron 58 and the Boeing 737-800.

Ah, you just mean "mouse macros". Those only work on gauges written in C/C++ using the original Gauge SDK provided by Microsoft. That used to cover most add-on aircraft in FS2002 and FS2004 days, but it really has never included much on the default aircraft -- because Microsoft didn't use its own SDK!

Nowadays most add-on aircraft have gauges using XML techniques rather than the SDK. Those aren't susceptible to the hacking needed for mouse macros either. However, they do often use Local Variables (L:Vars) which can be used instead, in different macros.

If you get no "green window" when in mouse macro making mode and clicking on the panel somewhere, it means there's no support for such things at that place. 

For most default aircraft there are built-in FS controls to handle them. What is is you want to do?

Pete

Actually, I first posted my requests in "FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET".
I am building a cockpit (of which I will send you the photo in progress) and I have mounted some encoders to adjust the setting of some instruments. These settings can be done only with the mouse, so I was thinking of using "mouse macros". If you can not use them as I can go back to the codes to be used to enter them manually in FSUIPC? I read about LVars and Lua, but I do not know them. Is this the way to go? The planes I mentioned are default, but with these the macros do not work. With which I can try them?
Thanks for the support

aw.jpg.7caff9d5c18d59a99283db16a7c0dd56.jpg

3 hours ago, Tommaso Carbone said:

Actually, I first posted my requests in "FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET".

Oh. That's for support for users of the "Client DLL for .NET" by Paul Henty. i.e .NET programmers. Please do read the names of the places you post in!.

I have mounted some encoders to adjust the setting of some instruments. These settings can be done only with the mouse

With the default aircraft you are using that is not surprising. With a proper cockpit build why are you using the default aircraft, which are really relatively basic compared to the real aircraft?

If you can not use them as I can go back to the codes to be used to enter them manually in FSUIPC? I read about LVars and Lua, but I do not know them. Is this the way to go?

Which instruments are you trying ot program which, for default aircraft, don't have normal FS controls which you could assign? There are certainly very few, and none i can recall which would be adjustable by encoders. I did ask what you were trying to do. maybe you don't know the FS names of the things you want to control? That happens.

Pete

Hi Pete,
I'm trying to create a cockpit that reproduces the functions of a real plane, but does not copy exactly one model. I was inspired by CESSNA C172SP, but I increased the instrumentation by creating the tools I wanted with Panel Builder.
In particular, I would like to reproduce with these encoders the settings of these instruments, for example the "Barometric Pressure Adjustement", the "Altimeter Calibration", the "Heading Bug Adjustement", or the "True Airspeed Calibration". In general I would like to be able to find the command codes that FSX handles only with the mouse.
Is there another way to find these codes?
I realized that I do not agree with the choice of a default plane, as a starting point. What do you suggest me?

In particular, I would like to reproduce with these encoders the settings of these instruments, for example the "Barometric Pressure Adjustement", the "Altimeter Calibration", the "Heading Bug Adjustement", or the "True Airspeed Calibration".

Not sure about the "calibration" ones -- what do they do? But certainly there are normal controls for regular things like the barometric adjustment on the altimeter (the "Kohlsman" window) and the heading bug. Did you not search the assignments dropdpwn or look in the list of Controls I provide in the FSUIPC Documents folder?

Is there another way to find these codes?

Apart from looking them up? Well, you could log Events in FSUIPC (Logging tab) then operating them with the mouse and see what controls ("events") are logged. That's a good way.

What do you suggest me?

Sorry, I don't know what sort of aircraft you like or how much realism you pursue. I'd look at the market place if I were you, and read reviews. It also depends of course how deep you want to get into aircraft detail, into the realism. You can go as far as you like, but then you do have to learn things properly.

Pete

Hi Pete,
You wrote: 

"Well, you could log Events in FSUIPC (Logging tab) then operating them with the mouse and see what controls ("events") are logged. That's a good way."

Actually I had already tried, but without conviction. But things done without conviction never work. Following your advice, I tried again and it worked. I will continue to build my cockpit and hope not to bother you anymore. I only ask you with which plane I can have the pleasure of seeing that famous green window of the macro appear. Although I have already overcome the problem.
Thanks for your availability

37 minutes ago, Tommaso Carbone said:

I only ask you with which plane I can have the pleasure of seeing that famous green window of the macro appear.

Not many these days. The PMDG Boeing airliners for FSX do, I think, though The facilities in those are probably better driven using the "custom controls" they added and listed in the accompanying SDKs.

There are probably other examples and notes in the "User Contributions" subforum above.

Pete

HI Pete,
I had set all the encoders I needed and it worked so well. Then, suddenly, FSUIPC no longer sees the encoders, but they are present among the peripherals of the PC and work regularly, and has passed the settings that I had assigned to the encoders to other switches, overwriting the previous settings.
What may have happened? I tried to install FSUIPC again, but it tells me that the version in use is the most recent.
Thank you

24 minutes ago, Tommaso Carbone said:

I had set all the encoders I needed and it worked so well. Then, suddenly, FSUIPC no longer sees the encoders

FSUIPC, the same as all software, does not suddenly change on its own! You've either got a corrupted settings file (the INI), or, more likely, you are not using Joy Letters and have reconnected the units so Windows has changed the assigned numbers, or have had a big Windows update, which would do the same thing.

One other possibility is that you are using Profiles for assignments and have loaded an aircraft not assigned ot that profile.

28 minutes ago, Tommaso Carbone said:

I tried to install FSUIPC again

It you wanted to do this to reset all your settings and start again then you are wasting your time. Installing FSUIPC never changes your settings. It it did there'd be a lot of angry users! If you want to start again you have to delete the INI file in the Modules folder.

Pete