The simFlight Network Forums
garypow

Problem connecting

Hello........I'm having trouble connecting to FSX. I have a flight running and when "Connect to FS" button is pressed, I get error messages (Attached).

Need your help please.

Thanks

Gary

STB Error.jpg

STB Error1.jpg

STB Error2.jpg

PC Specs.jpg

Sorry to say STB V2 was replaced by STB V3 quite some time ago, and as a consequence STB V2 is no longer supported.  Please consider upgrading, whatever is causing this problem won't exist in V3 as we have an entirely different way of reading AI schedules.

Simon

Hi Simon.....Thanks for the reply. I'm having problems installing the V3 update. As you can see from the attached pics, I downloaded STB V3 and the Setup Wizard opened. Another window opened and said I needed to download Visual++ 2008 Redistributable, which I did and installed. But when I run the Setup wizard again, it then asks for the C++ 2008 Redistributable to be installed again, so I uninstalled it & again re-installed it, but same thing happened, so now I can't go any further.

Can you help please.

Thanks....Gary

STB Wizard.jpg

Dependencies.jpg

C++ 2008 Installed.jpg

What you are trying to install is not an update for STB V2 to get you to V3.  STB V3 is not a free upgrade, I'm afraid it has to be purchased from your favourite store.  If you decide to proceed with it, STB V3 is a full installation and an independent side by side product that leaves your V2 alone.

Simon