The simFlight Network Forums

MakeRunways' g5.csv - jetways?

Hi Pete,

I wanted to ask, if it would be possible to include information into g5.csv if a parking position has a physical jetway, or not. I know this can be read out of a bgl file as part of an airport subsection and as I am relying on g5.csv to generate my own data, it would come in handy if I could also retrieve this information out of that file.

In order to not be messing with the established structure of g5.csv maybe this could go into a seperate file? 

Just a question, though and if this was too much of a difficulty, no need to mess with it.

Thanks in advance and happy easter to you.

Greets, Benny

30 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

I wanted to ask, if it would be possible to include information into g5.csv if a parking position has a physical jetway, or not. I know this can be read out of a bgl file as part of an airport subsection

Is this data part of the AFD (Airport Facility Data)? I don't think I have any information on that.

I see that ADE175 can list those gates which have jetways (though it shows none for Aerosoft EGLL!). The data it shows for Aerosoft EGCC includes jetways but I'm not sure what other data you get apart from what you get for gates.

Have you got details of what there is, what it looks like and what you'd need?

The AFD information I use is that documented by Winfried Orthmann, basically an FS9-based analysis with some updates for FSX provided by others (anonymous). The latest I have is as show below. Can you supply a later version with Jetways added?

(Sorry about the format here -- the table structure gets lost in Forum text!)

Pete

1.10 TAXIWAYPARKING [0x001b]
This record type has a short fixed part for all TaxiwayParking records together and a longer
variable part with sections for each TaxiwayParking. The fixed part is 8 bytes long:
offset length format description contents
0 2 WORD ID 0x001B
2 4 DWORD size : variable
6 2 WORD number of taxiway parking records present
The record sections for each TaxiwayParking are again of variable length, depending on the
number of airlineCodes present:.
0 4 DWORD bit 31-24: count of airlineCodes present bit
23-12: number
bit 11-8: type
0x1 = RAMP_GA
0x2 = RAMP_GA_SMALL
0x3 = RAMP_GA_MEDIUM
0x4 = RAMP_GA_LARGE
0x5 = RAMP_CARGO
0x6 = RAMP_MIL_CARGO
0x7 = RAMP_MIL_COMBAT
0x8 = GATE_SMALL
0x9 = GATE_MEDIUM 0xa = GATE_HEAVY
0xb = DOCK_GA bit
7-6: pushback (00 = none, 01 = left,
10 = right, 11 = both)
bit 5-0: name
0x00 = NONE,
0x01 = PARKING,
0x02 = N_PARKING,
0x03 = NE_PARKING
0x04 = E_PARKING,
0x05 = SE_PARKING
0x06 = S_PARKING,
0x07 = SW_PARKING
0x08 = W_PARKING,
0x09 = NW_PARKING
0x0a = GATE,
0x0b = DOCK, 0x0c = GATE_A,
0x0d = GATE_B,
0x0e = GATE_C
0x0f = GATE_D
0x10 = GATE_E .. ..
0x25 = GATE_Z
4 4 float radius
8 4 float heading
12 4 DWORD longitude
16 4 DWORD latitude
.. 4 STRING airline designator ( 0..n times repeated)

Hi Pete,

i am basically using the same information from a pdf file I found somewhere on the internet some time ago. It is also based on the works from Winfried Orthmann and might be the same file you are using. There, I also have information about the jetways subrecords, which is located in the file four records below the TAXIWAYPARKING you are referencing above:

JETWAY
0x00 2 WORD ID 0x003a
0x02 4 DWORD size : variable
0x06 2 WORD parking Number (refers to an existing
parking)
0x08 4 WORD gate name
0x0a 4 DWORD unknown
after this follows a normal scenery
object record starting with an ID of
0x0b.
This record refers to an appropriate
scenery object like
{BFCDF52B-9142-415C-8318-03C1B92CA9D9}

Greets, Benny

9 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

i am basically using the same information from a pdf file I found somewhere on the internet some time ago. It is also based on the works from Winfried Orthmann and might be the same file you are using. There, I also have information about the jetways subrecords, which is located in the file four records below the TAXIWAYPARKING you are referencing above:

Not in the update I have. I thought I had the latest. Can you give me a link so I can get it please? Or, if it is okay, send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. (Please ZIP it first).

Thanks!

I will have a look at this, see what I can do. I'd prefer to add data to one of the existing files if possible, rather than make yet another -- there are too many already!

Which items of that data are you needing?

Note that I am pretty busy at the momet, so it may be a while before I get to it unless it is pretty easy.

Pete

Hi Pete

I sent the file to your mail adress. I would only need a boolean added to the existing g5.csv data indicating whether there is a standart jetway defined, or not. Nothing more needed from my side.

Thanks for your consideration.

Greets, Benny

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, BenBaron said:

I sent the file to your mail adress. I would only need a boolean added to the existing g5.csv data indicating whether there is a standart jetway defined, or not. Nothing more needed from my side.

Hi, Benny,

Well, it's taken a while for this to get to the top of my "to do" list (over two months! sorry), but it is now done -- version 4.85 of MakeRunways is now released. Please see the read me document. The Jetway indication is a command line option. Also, of course, it only handles jetways defined in the Airport Facilities Data (AFD) scenery files being examined. I don't think this will include SODE jetways.

Pete