The simFlight Network Forums

GSX does not work when the FSUIPC is installed

The LOG shows FSUIPC is running perfectly, except for one oddity:

746156 ### MENU: Error: failed to receive DLGMODE notification! Going ahead anyway ...

I assume you went into the FSUIPC5 Options?  I have seen this error now and then. Basically, when you click on FSUIPC's Add-Ons entry in the menus, SimConnect notifies FSUIPC, and then, in order to display its dialogue, it asks SimConnect to set "DLGMODE".  When it gets a confirmation, it opens the options for you. The above message occurs if it doesn't get one of those as it should. but it is carrying on regardless. [I have just asked L-M about this, i.e. how come a proper response can go missing and what does it imply[.

This might be a clue. Are the other add-ons managing to add their Menu entries, but then just not responding when selected, or are they not appearing at all? If the former, then it will probably be the same sort of problem, that SimConnect is not giving permission to enter dialogue mode. I remember I had to add the above override to stop that happening, but we could never work out WHY simconnect occasionally failed in this way.

In case it is FSUIPC using a Dialogue without permission like this, please make sure to test wour other add-ons WITHOUT using the FSUIPC options.

3 hours ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

I don't have this line in my FSUIPC5.ini. I will try with this line inserted.

Yes, just add it.

3 hours ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

Same thing 😞

I wouldn't have expected it to change anything.

The problem here is that, since FSUIPC literally has nothing whatsoever to do with GSX and your other add-ons, and most certainly doesn't deliberately do anything which could stop them operating, there's no way I can work out why those other programs are not running.  In the P3D4 64-bit orld there are no "hacks" into the sim's code at all, unlike in all the 32-bit versions. Everything is done via well documentated methods through SimConnect and, yes, a little via the PDK (that was the only way to implement Mouse Macros, for instance).

So, as a consequence, I'm afraid it really does need one of the authors of the other programs to find out what their program isn't working. They need to delve into what they are doing which could possibly have this result. Once that is determined I'm sure it wil be resolvable, but not till then. It will likely turn out to be something wrong in P3D itself, as that is the only common part.

There is one other source of information which might help. A SimConnect log. For one of these, you need to add a file like this into your P3D4 Files folder, in Documents:

[SimConnect]
level=Verbose
console=No
OutputDebugString=0
file=<your P3D4 path>\Modules\simconnect%u.log
file_max_index=9

Replace <your P3d4 path> with the main path to Prepar3D4. Or of course you can replace the entire path to one possibly more convenient to you.

Run P3D only just long enough to see the other add-ons not working, then close it down. Otherwise the Log will become really huge! It will be pretty large in any case, so do NOT paste it here! ZIP it and attach it. If it is too big even for that, send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com. 

I'll need a litst of the add-on programs you are actually using as well, please -- the ones you expected to load, whether they appeared not to or otherwise.

Pete

Hi Pete,

On 6/15/2018 at 4:24 AM, Pete Dowson said:

The problem here is that, since FSUIPC literally has nothing whatsoever to do with GSX and your other add-ons, and most certainly doesn't deliberately do anything which could stop them operating, there's no way I can work out why those other programs are not running.

I know, but I put GSX as subject because initially I noticed this issue for GSX, but after I noticed it happens with all addons.

like I told you, if I disable FSUIPC, all addons works properly. If FSUIPC is enabled, none works.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:24 AM, Pete Dowson said:

I'll need a litst of the add-on programs you are actually using as well, please -- the ones you expected to load, whether they appeared not to or otherwise.

addons installed:

- FlyTampa ST. Maarten
- UtLive ( only addon works even FSUIPC enabled)
- ActiveSky
- QW 787
- GSX with SODE
- Addons Manager
- FSFX 787 immersion
- Chase Plane

Only UtLive works when FSUIPC is enabled.

Djo

simconnect0.rar

1 hour ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

like I told you, if I disable FSUIPC, all addons works properly. If FSUIPC is enabled, none works.

I KNOW! And I told you that because those programs are not mine I have no way whatsoever of diagnosing WHY they will not run!

However, your statement that they do not run is not quite true. The SimConnect log clearly shows all these being successfully loaded by SimConnect::

0.22581 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLIGHT ONE SOFTWARE\ULTIMATE TRAFFIC LIVE\utl_client.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="1.1.0.0"
0.32061 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe"  CommandLine="P3Dv4"  Version="1.6.3.0"
2.89884 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe"  CommandLine=""  Version="3.2.0.3995"
2.93513 Exe Launched:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\Libraries\FSL_Configurator.exe"  CommandLine="..\SimObjects\Airplanes"  Version="10.0.61356.237"
2.97793 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Navigraph Simlink\NavigraphSimlink_64.dll"  Version="1.0.19.1219"
2.99041 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.3.0.4\Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll"  Version="<Unknown>"
3.00567 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule64.dll"  Version="1.6.3.0"
3.88630 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx64.dll"  Version="4.5.0.3"
3.93814 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\Libraries\FSLSounds.dll"  Version="10.0.61356.237"
3.95024 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\Libraries\FSLEvents.dll"  Version="10.0.61356.237"
3.97629 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\Libraries\FSLOptions.dll"  Version="10.0.61356.237"
9.43556 DLL Loaded:  Path="C:\Users\djomaster\Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Spotlights\DLLs\FSLSpotlights_P3D_x64.dll"  Version="10.0.61356.230"
69.33414 DLL Loaded:  Path="D:\P3Dv4\Modules\FSUIPC5.dll"  Version="5.1.3.101"
69.34802 DLL Loaded:  Path="as_srv\as_connect_64.dll"  Version="17.0.0.79"

which show SODE, Orbx, and FSLabs addons running as well as the ones you list. Also, attempts to load these which it can't find and which, I think, aren't even P3D4 compatible (ViMaCoreX certainly isn't -- it is a 32-bit DLL).

69.33484 File not found: Path="Captain_Sim\bin\cs.sound.dll"
69.33541 File not found: Path="VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll"
69.33593 File not found: Path=".\Carenavigraph.dll"

Then, as the log shows, these (and others, including some EXEs not being loaded by SimConnect but still opening a SimConnect link:

> 90.28389 [64, 1]Open: Version=0x00000004  Name="ChasePlane"
> 90.28809 [ 1, 1]Open: Version=0x0000001A  Name="NavigraphChartsSimlinkFS"
> 90.29188 [23, 1]Open: Version=0x0000001A  Name="REXLocation"

I've omitted listing the OPEN calls for the other DLLs already listed -- AddOn Manager is one, and of course couatl and bglmanx operate the GSX facilities.

So, I think you need to explain what you mean by "do not run". 

Also I notice that the ActiveSky module appears to be loading BEFORE FSUIPC5. That is not so good. Please re-run the FSUIPC5 Installer to make FSUIPC5 run before the ActiveSky module (though I’m sure this isn’t part of the problem you are reporting).

I did ask this:

On 6/15/2018 at 9:24 AM, Pete Dowson said:

This might be a clue. Are the other add-ons managing to add their Menu entries, but then just not responding when selected, or are they not appearing at all?

but you've not answered.

Anyway, in conclusion I have to repeat this. Sorry:

I'm afraid it really does need one of the authors of the other programs to find out what their program isn't working. They need to delve into what they are doing which could possibly have this result. Once that is determined I'm sure it wil be resolvable, but not till then. It will likely turn out to be something wrong in P3D itself, as that is the only common part.

Pete

Ok pete,

Everything is listed in add-ons menu.

When I'm saying it's not working:

- gsx: when I call the menu, nothing happens.

- sode: when I call the menu or test the connection. Nothing happens.

- activesky: when I call the menu, nothing happens.

- all planes: no parking brake, and some functions and buttons don't work.

- Chase plane: nothing works

- Add-ons manager: not open at all

- utlive: planes are showing but no command in add-ons menu works.

If I disable FSUIPC, everything works perfectly

I should make a video to show you 

Djo

6 hours ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

Everything is listed in add-ons menu.

When I'm saying it's not working:

- gsx: when I call the menu, nothing happens.

Aha! That’s a completely different state of affairs than was implied in all your previous messages!

Look back and read what I said about the missing Dialog state response, and the error logged in FSUIPC’s log. If there wasn’t code in FSUIPC which handled that, FSUIPC wouldn’t respond either!

I think you have a corrupt file in your P3D — probably wxstationlist.bin. Usually this would cause P3D to crash as soon as SimConnect is asked to read the weather — as it is when FSUIPC runs! In your case it is evidently just corrupting something else.

The file is in your user Appdata\roaming P3D4 folder, where your PREPAR3D.cfg file is.

I’ve asked L-M to check this file when it is read — it is a binary file with no checks at all!

Please ZIP it up and let me have it, so I can look at it. Then DELETE it. P3D will make another.

If this doesn’t help, please make a safe copy of the .wx files in your P3D files folder, in Documents, then delete one at a time, testing after each. If that fixes it ZIP up the bad one and let me have it please. 

You don’t need the WX files as you use ASP4 for weather. And they are unchecked binary files too!

This will help L-M fix this very annoying and oft occurring problem.

Pete

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu Pete,

You are the best !!!!  😃

I tried everything ( delete Prepar3D.cfg, Dll.xml, Exe.xml, reinstall everything 😥, delete all *.wx files, ... ) but never thnik to delete wxstationlist.bin.

It's my fault, I start by the wrong way not giving you the information correctly.

Thank you again for your patience and your availabilty.

P.S: I never blamed you about FSUIPC, but as you are the developper  and the issue happened only when FSUIPC was enabled, I was waiting on you for a big light and you did it 🙂

Djo

wxstationlist.bin

6 hours ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

I tried everything ( delete Prepar3D.cfg, Dll.xml, Exe.xml, reinstall everything 😥, delete all *.wx files, ... ) but never thnik to delete wxstationlist.bin.

Thanks for the file. It seems to be a station list, but it is woefully short. Very few WXstation names. I am not sure how it causes P3D to have the strange symptoms you suffered. Here itjust makes P3D crash -- invisibly. It just disappears when FSUIPC asks SimConnect for weather. No trace, no error message, no entry in the Windows Event Viewer. But at least the FSUIPC5 log shows the exact point this happens, and points clearly to weather reading starting. But with your symptoms it was far from obvious.

This is the trouble with corrupted files, The results can be very different on different systems.

I am sending the file to L-M for their attention. It is only one example, but hopefully it will get something done.

Pete

1 hour ago, djomaster@djomaster.fr said:

By the way, no new file was created back. It is normal?

No. That's a bit odd. P3D should re-create it there. Not sure that it does any harm. It probably doesn't do it until you close the session though.

Maybe you should just correct that by doing it yourself -- copy the wxstationlist.bin file from the Weather subfolder in the main P3D4 folder into the AppData\Roaming P3D4 folder. I think that's basically all the Sim does in any case.

Pete