The simFlight Network Forums

Autodetecting button position

Hi,

Now I have been using the FSUIPC for a few months and so far it works fine.
Just began programming some displays but use Mobiflight for that even if that requires more complex programming skills which can be hard.

Am using an Arduino Mega 2560 to control the displays, a set of seven segment LEDs.

One issue I have is when I start my flight simulator (P3Dv4) with PMDG B738 the switch positions are not recognized by flight simulator. For an instance if a switch has been moved when the flight simulator is turned off the simulator does not detect the switch position.

I have enabled the data broadcast in PMDG ini file else the displays would not work.
But do I need to add more commands for the simulator to detect switch positions?

Example of one button
Normal procedure is to start and end every flight with parking brake set. But it doesn't matter if the witch in the flight deck is on the simulator still does not detect that.

That is only one example. Guess more people wonder the same thing.
Thank you for your assistance.

13 hours ago, sebpil said:

One issue I have is when I start my flight simulator (P3Dv4) with PMDG B738 the switch positions are not recognized by flight simulator. For an instance if a switch has been moved when the flight simulator is turned off the simulator does not detect the switch position.

I have enabled the data broadcast in PMDG ini file else the displays would not work.
But do I need to add more commands for the simulator to detect switch positions?

Like all sophisticated add-on aircraft, the PMDG ones do their own systems simulation, not relying on built-in functions for very many things.

With the PMDG 737, 747 and 777 models, PMDG have provided their own controls for pretty much every function. These are listed towards thwe end of the .h type file in the SDK folder of the specific aircraft install.

Each one needs the actual numeric value calculated -- just by adding a base number to a sequence number. Then these controls can be assigned in FSUIPC as <custom controls>, or send from a program or Lua plug-in.

They will all take a parameter of some sort, and generally the parameters use mouse type encodings, derived from the way Windows sends mouse actions, and these too are listed in that document.

For more specific PMDG help you will need to go to the PMDG forum. I don't have or use any of the PMDG range.

13 hours ago, sebpil said:

Guess more people wonder the same thing.

Yes, and if you searched this Forum you'd find the questions and the answer I have provided many times before too! ;-)

There might be some thread in the User Contributions subforum above which helps too.

Pete